Author Topic: [suggestion]improving the command line tools  (Read 5483 times)

kingsyj

[suggestion]improving the command line tools
« on: May 07, 2011, 06:26:17 pm »
wo!! before I have a try, I can't believe it's so powerful a IDE. but I discovered a little problem when I use it to build the project in command line( or terminal) under linux(ubuntu), such as this:

codeblocks --rebuild myproj.cbp --target="Debug"

the application pop a error message that: Error: Unable to initialize gtk, is DISPLAY set properly?

I think it is noway to work like that, I have try every options, but still can't fix this problem

it's quite of disappointing, if I can't build my project under the commandline or bash shell and have to force me using the GUI mode

the main reason for this is that, I plan to create my codeblocks project under windows, and then submit to linux system, and then I will use a ssh client to remote connect to the linux, and test my codeblocks projects under bash shell

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: [suggestion]improving the command line tools
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »
Unfortunately, C::B uses wxGTK, which depends on X11 running.
There is work done to fix this problem, but it have not been finished.

Here is the branch: http://svn.berlios.de/wsvn/codeblocks/branches/codeblocks_console/?rev=7141&peg=7141#a9d0bd8ef7e401af0a01b460d3e4bea4d
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!

Offline Audiodroid

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2015, 12:20:15 pm »
Hello,

I have just used ssh to connect to a raspberry pi only to find out even typing

codeblocks --help

in the shell will produce the same error message. I agree that Codeblocks is great, but it would be fantastic if this would work as-well. ;-)

This thread is from 4 years ago, has there been any progress in the meanwhile? If you can point me to the latest branch, maybe I can join in to fix this!?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 12:32:52 am »
Everything is in master. But the issue is not fixed.
If you have the x11 libs installed on your pi then you can probably use ssh -X (x11 tunelling) to workaround the problem.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]