Author Topic: double dash in compiler options becomes em-dash. Mac OSX Yosemite  (Read 2799 times)

Offline warpino

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hi all,

I managed to compile C::B 13.12 SVN on OSX 10.10 Yosemite and the FortranPlugin as well. Everything seems ok, but I find it very annoying that double dashes '--' are transformed into em-dashes in the compiler options windows, causing errors during build.
This does not happen in my linux installation.
Any way I can get rid of it?

Regards,

w.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Can you try to build some wxwidget sample that has a wxTextCtrl in it and try to reproduce the problem in it?
For sure this is not caused by some option on the wxTextCtrl we have enabled (at least not intentionally).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline warpino

• Multiple posting newcomer
There is an option in OSX
System Preferences -> Keyboard
and unchecking "use smart quotes and dashes" or something like that did the trick.

Strangely the prebuilt version of C::B 13.12 was not affected by that option

Thank you for your reply!

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: double dash in compiler options becomes em-dash. Mac OSX Yosemite
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 09:10:29 pm »
The prebuild version uses wxcarbon, but if you've built your own agains wx3.x, you're most probably using wxcocoa.
Thus one of the versions is using the carbon apis, the other is using the cocoa apis and probably this feature is not supported in the carbon apis.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]