Author Topic: Turning off sound when messageboxes pop up  (Read 2334 times)

Offline Calmarius

• Multiple posting newcomer
Turning off sound when messageboxes pop up
« on: May 16, 2015, 12:36:54 pm »
I'm using Lubuntu with all system sounds disabled. But whenever a popup shows up Code::Blocks it's accompanied with an annoying "bubble pop" sound. Most often this happens when you press "replace all" and a messagebox with info icon pops up telling you the number of replaces.
I tried everything I can find on the internet, so the system should be silent. The same kind of messagebox from other programs doesn't produce sound.

It seems CB disregards system settings and plays event sounds anyway, how can I disable this?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Turning off sound when messageboxes pop up
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 09:00:23 pm »
It is a wxwidgets or gtk thing. There is not code in CB to generate this sound specifically.
Can you try another wxwidgets based app and see if the annoying sound are produced from it?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Calmarius

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 02:49:04 pm »
Gnome terminal also does it when I attempt to close it when it does something.

Which wxWidgets API is used in code to create these messageboxes? Probably I can trace down which API is responsible for the sound.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 08:36:40 pm »
wxMessageBox or cbMessageBox (which probably calls wxMessageBox).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]