Author Topic: Unable to configure visual c++ 2013 public compiler for code::blocks  (Read 9078 times)

Offline AnotherWindowsCasual

• Single posting newcomer
As the title says.
After discovering the version of gcc included with code::blocks has no support for to_string, i been attempting to get code::blocks functioning with the c++ compiler from VS 2013 public. I have the microsoft SDKs installed, the included gcc compiler is fully functional for win32 console, openGL and other simple applications.
Attempting to compile anything (even hello world) with the microsoft compiler results in massive numbers of errors, including every variable or class name being declared invalid, string and iostream not being found (i have confirmed they are in the proper folders), unable to open "include.obj" (very strange).

Does anyone have any tips or information on what exact folders need to be added to the linker, search directories, toolchain executable, and any strange quirks or required settings? Despite the promise that "any version of visual studios compiler works with code::blocks", i am finding no information related to vs2013 and cb anywhere on the internet.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
What compiler have you used as a base?
What have you changed in the toolchain settings?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

I used the VS 2010 compiler as the base, i changed nothing except the path to the compiler and related folders. CB finds the compiler fine, but i get a lot of very odd errors during linking, normally. For example adding the include folder from VS 2013 to the linker fixes "cannot find 'string' " but causes a "unable to open input file 'include' " instead, despite the full path being clearly stated.

Also, this is on windows 10 10041, and windows 7 SP3, both 64bit.  CB is 13.12, 32bit.

Edit: would the TMD-GCC 4.9.2 packages work with CB and provide access to missing functions like to_string? I would be happy to cut microsoft bloatware out of the issue entirely.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 09:52:54 pm by AnotherWindowsCasual »

Offline johnnyEM808

I've used this as base and Visual Studio C++ Express 2013 works fine for me in C::B

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15037.msg100600.html#msg100600
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 11:52:52 pm by johnnyEM808 »

EDIT: i just fixed this minutes later, i had used SDKs/VC/7.0A instead of 7.1A, which seems to include the correct files.

EDIT 2: it compiles to_string(); without violently exploding. Problem solved. Thank you for linking that thread, it was exactly what i needed.

I've used this as base and Visual Studio C++ Express 2013 works fine for me in C::B

http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,15037.msg100600.html#msg100600

Using the settings shown here with vc++ 2013 compiler, it seems to work fine, except i get the error: LINK||fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'uuid.lib' or unable to find libcpmt.lib (it exists in the correct location), or "cannot include file 'string' ".

All i am trying to compile is:

#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
int main()
{
    cout << "Test" << endl;
}
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:00:15 am by AnotherWindowsCasual »