Author Topic: [ENHANCEMENT] changing color of a selected word ( not the same as 'Selection')  (Read 2644 times)

Offline DoingIsLearning

• Single posting newcomer
First of just started using c::b for home projects and I am (reallly) enjoying the stress free experience!!!  :)

background:
I have customized my syntax highlight ala Modnokai Coffee (judge away but to each his own) and all is well.

Question #1:

- How do I change background color for a selected word, double-tap?  (NB: this is not the same as 'Selection ')(not sure how to word this but basically when you double click on a word and it highlights all matches for this word in your code)

Is this not accessible through default.conf ?

Question #2:
- Is it possible to set 'Manager' and 'Log' windows to black background white font or at least something less luminescent then #FFFFFF white background?

I appreciate this is not everyone's preference but like i said to each his own.

Hope someone can help and huge thank you once again to the devs really enjoying my experience so far!

All the best

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
#1. it depends on the version, but it is either in the settings of the occurrence highlight plugin or in environment colour settings
#2. Nope, you have to change the whole theme you're using in your os (this is asked a lot, but won't change)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline DoingIsLearning

Hi thanks for you're reply! I had a feeling that would be the case for numero dos.

I am not sure I followed your explanation for #1 though. The c::b I'm running looks like it's 10.05. I'm on wheezy 32bit. Could you explain again, is this a menu setting rather then .conf file ?

Cheers

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Sorry this version is so old that I don't remember where the option was back there.
If I were you I'd search the editor settings. Some option named highlight should do it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline DoingIsLearning

Nice one! Yeah I am not sure if i did something wrong but 10.05 was what I got from debian repo.

Just for future reference if anyone else is looking for this:

Settings>Editor>General Settings>Highlight occurrences

Solved and closed!
Thanks oBFusCATed!