Author Topic: Export syntax highlighting fails  (Read 2383 times)

Offline franko

• Multiple posting newcomer
Export syntax highlighting fails
« on: April 27, 2015, 12:50:44 am »
OK been using CB about 2 months version 13.12.
Today (4/26/2015) discovered this 'export' thing, it worked fine with my (fortran) syntax highlighting and all....for about two hours.
Suddenly the color syntax highlighting gives up after the first few lines in exported code, whether it is 'pdf' or 'rtf'.
The color/syntax highlighting stays on fine in the editor itself. But when I 'export' it to rtf or pdf, and try to open it in Word or whatever, the color simply dies after the first 50 lines or so, turning everything after that point to light grey (ick).
Strangely enuf, it DOES keep the formatting colors if I export to html; but that is undesirable, because I cannot edit it easily (or don't know how).
I have tried to find some specific characters that might cause this, without any luck.
Sometimes it fails in the 'commented' areas of code (I have the comments in green); other times down in the executable statements. No consistent behavior.
It seems to fail at random points in the source code file - first time line 50, say, then line 120, etc.
---
It DID work an hour or so ago, and I printed out several source files with MS Word, no problems. Now, suddenly, the 'exported' files are corrupted with no obvious reason.
I guess this really isn't a working feature yet (2015). Too bad, it was nice.
franko
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:59:23 am by franko »

Offline franko

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Export syntax highlighting fails
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2015, 01:09:25 am »
Well, at least one can print the export -> html file, and it looks OK. (for now?)
Word will not open it for editing, claiming 'there are problems with the file's contents.'.
But, I found it possible to change the margins etc and add a date/time stamp,
so it works OK for me.
franko