Author Topic: new wizard makefile confusion  (Read 3183 times)

Offline MadBoat

• Multiple posting newcomer
new wizard makefile confusion
« on: April 24, 2015, 09:49:08 am »
So I'm trying to create a new wizard for the "new project" GUI for a specialty language we're developing. The documentation that I've found (http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Wizard_scripts) says to "refer to the wizard scripting page", which is some help in setting up the wizard.script file, but not in getting my new wizard to be loaded correctly in the first place. From the documentation, and based on what is included in the codeblocks .tar.gz I downloaded, I surmise that I am to modify the following files in whatever new wizard I create;

wizard.script
    logo.png
    wizard.png
    makefile.am
    wizard.xrc (optional?)
    ../makefile.am
    ../config.script

This is all fine except for makefile.in. The commentary in makefile.in suggests it is also generated... a typo? Or am I missing something else? What's the intended development path?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: new wizard makefile confusion
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 09:13:32 pm »
Makefile.in files are generated from the Makefile.am files when you run the configure script.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MadBoat

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 06:49:13 am »
Ok, thanks, that was useful. I reviewed the configure script and bootstrap script and found some irregularities... sorting those out seems to have fixed the problems I was having.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 11:56:10 pm »
You should not edit the configure-script, but the configure.ac- and the acinclude.m4-file (and of course the Makefile.am-files) and run ./bootstrap to create the Makefile.in-files and the configure-script.