Author Topic: Problem with Code::Blocks compiler logs not appearing  (Read 10786 times)

Offline miniramen

• Single posting newcomer
Problem with Code::Blocks compiler logs not appearing
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:43:41 am »
Hello, I am pretty new at using code::blocks, but since the first time i installed code blocks the compiler notes refuse to show up.
I have tried enabling it through View --> Logs and by pressing F2, but the compiler log doesn't appear.

I've searched throughout the forums and the codeblocks tickets and found nothing on this. I have even enabled the full command line through my global compiler settings.

I would appreciate any help or responses... It's hell without compiler logs for a beginner ;-;
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 06:47:43 am by miniramen »

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Problem with Code::Blocks compiler logs not appearing
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:39:49 am »
I never saw this problem. One thing can be: you don't use a project. c::b is not made to compile programs without project. Without project i does not know where to put the output files and where the include files are. so my suggestion is to use a project to buil your file.

greetings

Offline miniramen

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 08:02:52 am »
BlueHazzard,
Hello! I placed my code in a project, but the compiler notes still refuse to show up. I actually am taking a Computer Science class that uses Code::Blocks as well, and I write code without placing them in projects, the compile logs show up just fine even at start up. The C::B on my computer however the compiler logs never appeared. I have asked my professor about this, and it seems he can't find anything on this either.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:31:18 pm »
Try to delete or reset the current perspective (view -> perspective -> delete current).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline miniramen

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2015, 01:07:48 am »
oBFusCATed,
Thank You!!!!! I tried it and i have my compiler logs now ;v;