Author Topic: adding include paths in makefile project  (Read 2995 times)

Offline kyal

• Single posting newcomer
adding include paths in makefile project
« on: March 30, 2015, 12:12:00 pm »
Hi I am new to codeblocks (version 13.12 on Linux Mint 17) and so far I am very happy with it. Much better than Eclipse CDT!

However I have the following immediate problem:

For some reason adding include directories (e.g.  for 3rd party) to "Settings->Compiler->Search Directories" has not effect. The declarations in those includes are never found via the function "Find declaration of ..."

I used a new "console project" which created the project file into my existing c++ project. Because I had my own makefile I checked "This is a custom Makefile" in the project options dialog panel.

I followed many leads/hints in forums but none of them worked. The most promising was a hint about the environment variable PROJECT_EXTERNAL_SOURCE_PATHS in config.make but this file was never included in my project folder and adding it manually didn't affect anything either.

Thanks in advance for any help.

K.

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: adding include paths in makefile project
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 12:31:18 pm »
Afaik they only take effect if cb's own build system is used. If you'll use a makefile, you have to modify your makefile for the correct paths.

Offline kyal

• Single posting newcomer
Re: adding include paths in makefile project
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 12:34:28 pm »
I see...somewhat problematic in my case... but what you say makes sense, it is what I have been experiencing.