Author Topic: Darker Interface options on windows?  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Metsuro

• Single posting newcomer
Darker Interface options on windows?
« on: March 28, 2015, 04:25:27 am »
Using code::blocks on windows, is there a way to replace the generic grey interface outside of just the editor. Its all well and good to have a nice dark theme for the editor. But having a rather jarring bright/gray interface around it seems rather... strange. While having done some searching I've only seem to come up with the option of adjusting the default way in which windows itself draws the windows to make this chance. Is there any other way on windows 8.1 or the like?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Darker Interface options on windows?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2015, 11:57:03 am »
Nope...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Metsuro

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 05:38:49 pm »
Nope...

May I ask why this is? Is there some reason it just can't be done. Or is it more like its never really been a needed feature and has never really been looked into?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2015, 04:46:14 am »
Because wxwidgets uses the win32 api and thus it doesn't support custom themes.
If you need per app themes go talk to wxwidget devs and probably start porting it to wpf or whatever microsoft toolkit supports themes.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]