Author Topic: C::B title  (Read 5541 times)

sethjackson

C::B title
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:37:18 pm »
Hmm I noticed something interesting. Open C::B with a project in the recent project history (IE a project is in the start here page list). Then open the project. Now the taskbar looks like this. Start here [project_name]
but the C::B title bar is correct, just not the taskbar icon......  :shock: I hope I said that clearly.......

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: C::B title
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 11:50:10 pm »
Not for me. Either shows "Code::Blocks (wx2..." or the open file's name (if one or more files are open in the layout).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2006, 03:25:03 pm »
Not for me. Either shows "Code::Blocks (wx2..." or the open file's name (if one or more files are open in the layout).

Odd. Let me try to explain better.

1. Open C::B, then open the CodeBlocks-NewBuild.cbp project.
2. Make sure no files of the project are open, close the project, then close C::B.
3. Re-Open C::B.
3. Open the project from the Start here page.

The start here page is gone, and the app title says [Code::Blocks (wx2.6)] - Code::Blocks 1.0.
The taskbar icon syas Start here [Code::Blo....
Can you confirm? This is with rev 1760

EDIT: After step three if you close the project the reopen it, the taskbar icon is correct......  :shock:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 03:39:47 pm by sethjackson »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2006, 05:03:02 pm »
Tried using revision 1750.

Taskbar title changes to "Start Here" for half a second and then switches to "Code::Blocks (wx2..." which is the window's title, too.

Don't see a problem.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

sethjackson

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2006, 07:54:37 pm »
Tried using revision 1750.

Taskbar title changes to "Start Here" for half a second and then switches to "Code::Blocks (wx2..." which is the window's title, too.

Don't see a problem.

I think my computer hates me then.... It works correctly if I open the project, close the project, then open again, but not if I only open the project once.  :P Oh well C::B hates me.......  :lol:

sethjackson

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 08:00:29 pm »
EDIT:

Nevermind it seems to be gone with rev 1762......  8) It was probably a Seth problem not a C::B problem.  :P
« Last Edit: January 15, 2006, 08:06:42 pm by sethjackson »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 08:07:50 pm »
Anyway, even if I could reproduce it, I wouldn't know what you'd expect me to do :lol:

We have no influence on the title shown in the task bar. Strictly speaking, we don't even know that there is a task bar or any icons in it.

We tell wxWidgets to tell the OS to change the window's title. Consequently, the window's title is changed.

Whether or not Windows Explorer (or the Gnome panel, or whatever happens to be there) displays another icon and what title that icon might have is beyond our knowledge and power. There is absolutely no way of changing this (or even knowing about).

sethjackson

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 08:10:11 pm »
Anyway, even if I could reproduce it, I wouldn't know what you'd expect me to do :lol:

We have no influence on the title shown in the task bar. Strictly speaking, we don't even know that there is a task bar or any icons in it.

We tell wxWidgets to tell the OS to change the window's title. Consequently, the window's title is changed.

Whether or not Windows Explorer (or the Gnome panel, or whatever happens to be there) displays another icon and what title that icon might have is beyond our knowledge and power. There is absolutely no way of changing this (or even knowing about).

Yeah I know. I just thought it was weird that the taskbar wasn't getting updated properly and the title was...