Author Topic: CB error saving file while running?  (Read 4646 times)

Offline Zeyads3

• Single posting newcomer
CB error saving file while running?
« on: February 05, 2015, 05:43:19 pm »
honestly, C::B wasn't working good for me, in my desktop i tried running it, can't find a compiler, and again in my laptop, working, but having so many troubles, i can't make a new project, and when i change just a single letter and run it, it gives me this: error saving files file C:/program files x86 etc.. couldn't be saved, but when i close the program and open CB again, and run it while not changing anything it'll work with Hello World! only, can't change anything, please help me im stuck for 1 week trying to learn, got nothing.
win7 CB 13.12

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: CB error saving file while running?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 05:57:21 pm »
with this little of information it will be hard to help you....
please read this:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

it gives me this: error saving files file C:/program files x86 etc.. couldn't be saved,

In windows it is forbidden to save files under spacial places like C:\Program Files....
so if you try to create a project in this folder it won't get saved... You have to create a new project in a folder where you have permissions, like your home directory (Documents for ex.) So: New->Project ... and in the on the Project name page of the "new project" wizzard you have to choose a new location in Folder to create project in....
I think there are tons of youtube videos out there, how you can start with c::b... and also tons of tutorials... you have to search....

greetings
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 05:59:42 pm by BlueHazzard »

Offline Zeyads3

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 06:12:12 pm »
with this little of information it will be hard to help you....
please read this:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28general%29#Q:_How_do_I_report_a_compilation_problem_on_the_forums.3F

it gives me this: error saving files file C:/program files x86 etc.. couldn't be saved,

In windows it is forbidden to save files under spacial places like C:\Program Files....
so if you try to create a project in this folder it won't get saved... You have to create a new project in a folder where you have permissions, like your home directory (Documents for ex.) So: New->Project ... and in the on the Project name page of the "new project" wizzard you have to choose a new location in Folder to create project in....
I think there are tons of youtube videos out there, how you can start with c::b... and also tons of tutorials... you have to search....

greetings
i tried doing that, still..?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 07:01:02 pm »
i tried doing that, still..?

And, you are still refusing to post the build log.
Do you want to be helped or should I ask you to be banned?

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org