Author Topic: [solved] Environnement error with "codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe"  (Read 10728 times)

Offline lordkrotos

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hi every body,

I have some problems with Code::Blocks settings. I've download and installed  "codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe" on my computer. Everything is fine, "MinGW" directory seems to be complete.
I have no other compiler installed on my PC.

But I still have this message: ""Environnement error. can't find compiler executable in your search path (visual c++2010)"

???

Why the hell does he talk me about visual C++ 2010???

"Settings->Compiler->Selected compiler" is set on "GNU GCC Compiler, and in "Toolchain executables" my computer's installation directory is set on the right directory: C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\MinGW.

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:59:00 pm by lordkrotos »

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Environnement error with "codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe"
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2015, 09:19:02 pm »
What is the CB default Compiler set to?

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:28:26 pm »
Good evening Tim,

The selected compiler is set to GNU GCC Compiler.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 09:29:50 pm »
And the compiler in your project settings:
Project->Build options->Selected Compiler ?

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2015, 09:44:15 pm »
When a project is open, I check the compiler of the project, wich is "GNU GCC". When I close the project->build option window, the error message talking of "visual c++" appears on the bottom of my screen.
Note: this error message appears even if a project is not open. As soon as I close the window Setting->Compiler, this error message appears.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2015, 09:50:13 pm »
i would delete default.conf in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\CodeBlocks   (close c::b before) and restart c::b. It will ask you about the default compiler, and you can select gnu gcc...

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2015, 10:02:27 pm »
ok done, but it still doesn't work.

I had this message (I had it 1st time, without understand....now I see better what CB wanted to tell me...)

"After autor-detection, at least one compilers master path is still empty and therefore invalid.Inspect the list below and change the compilers master path later in the compiler options"
(GNU GCC was selected)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 11:06:52 pm »
Can you look where the paths in Settings->compiler for t visual C++ 2010 are? And if they are empty you can try to add some path, so that the field gets a valid path? Unless you are using this visual c++ compiler in any project this should not make any difference...

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2015, 10:10:57 am »
Ok I will check it tonight (unfortunaltly i'am at work now  ;D)

For information: I've uninstalled CB with mingW yesterday evening, I installed mingW alone, and then CB without mingW. At the end of installation, CB tells me he saws mingW on my computer, but tells me again:

"After autor-detection, at least one compilers master path is still empty and therefore invalid.Inspect the list below and change the compilers master path later in the compiler options"

Pfffff  :(

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2015, 08:43:25 pm »
Here I am again,

I checked every options, visual c++ is not defined anywhere in CB, so there is no path for it. Moreover, what is the funniest, I never had visua c++ installed on my PC. Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks for your help and time!

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2015, 09:03:10 pm »
I checked every options, visual c++ is not defined anywhere in CB, so there is no path for it. Moreover, what is the funniest, I never had visua c++ installed on my PC. Does anyone have an idea?

Settings->Compiler->Dropdown menu:Selected compiler Set to Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 -> Toolchain executables make clear that there is a valdi path (it doesn't need to be the path to a c++ installation, just a path to some folder)
Make sure to change the "Selected compiler" back to GNU GCC Compiler.

If this makes no difference than i would suggest to completely remove c::b (also the folder in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\ ) and try to reinstall
If this also does not help, try to install Mingw seperately and use a c::b nightly build...
As far as i can tell you are the first with this problem, and so it has mostly something to do with your setup...

After this i'm out of ideas....

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2015, 10:43:06 pm »
Whooooooo yeeehaaaa!

You know what? It works!! Thanks a lot BlueHazzard!! I didn't understood what CB tried to tell me!!

Let's code now!!

(huhu... let's learn to code in fact!!)

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2015, 10:44:49 pm »
Whooooooo yeeehaaaa!
You know what? It works!! Thanks a lot BlueHazzard!! I didn't understood what CB tried to tell me!!

what worked? (if others have the same problem it would be nice to know exactly what helped)

Offline lordkrotos

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2015, 10:55:44 pm »
You're right.

I did what you tell:

Settings->Compiler->Dropdown menu:Selected compiler Set to Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 -> Toolchain executables. Make sure that there is a valid path.
After that, don't forget to set the default compiler as  gnu gcc.

What was disturbing CB was that the defaut folder for visual c++2010 didn't exist on my PC, even if I would not use this compiler. So I put an existing path on the settings, and because we set gnu GCC as defaut compiler, CB didn't see anything!!