Author Topic: Trying to follow CB Linux Wiki  (Read 26867 times)

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
Re: Trying to follow CB Linux Wiki
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2006, 06:45:46 am »
By default I think Code::Blocks installs its pluggins to /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins.  I used the --prefix options to put codeblocks in /home/<user_name>/apps/codeblocks-svn, so then your pluggins would be in /codeblocks-svn/share/codeblocks/plugins.  This enables you to develop plugins as a non-root user, something that is very advised.

Offline cyberkoa

• Plugin developer
  • Almost regular
    • http://
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2006, 06:10:00 pm »
Quite off-topic: do you know how can I open with RapidSVN a repository I already checked out with svn command line?
this is how I do , right click on "Bookmark " on Treectrl > add existing work copy

but , make a back up copy first before doing that to play safe.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2006, 10:37:13 pm »
By default I think Code::Blocks installs its pluggins to /usr/local/share/codeblocks/plugins.  I used the --prefix options to put codeblocks in /home/<user_name>/apps/codeblocks-svn, so then your pluggins would be in /codeblocks-svn/share/codeblocks/plugins.  This enables you to develop plugins as a non-root user, something that is very advised.

could you give an example line using this "--prefix" thingie

thanks
pecan

EDIT: This thread is going to make excellent documentation
for a ubuntu wiki page.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:38:58 pm by Pecan »

Offline yop

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2006, 10:42:31 pm »
When you run configure instead of just typing ./configure change it to (as an example)
./configure --prefix=/opt/codeblocks and after make then make install will install what you built to the specified (/opt/codeblocks in our case) path.
Life would be so much easier if we could just look at the source code.