Author Topic: 2 sources files together  (Read 4061 times)

Offline jcmic

• Single posting newcomer
2 sources files together
« on: January 13, 2015, 03:58:15 pm »
Hi,

I am new on this forum, and first of all,  I 'd like to say that I am actually very satisfied of code::blocks (13.12 version) in general.
I am currently developping a GUI application, using wxSmith for help.

My question is :

Is it possible to work under code::blocks with two (or more ?) visible sources files at the same time on the screen ? For example with two  .CPP  visible files.

Sometimes this may be useful in order to compare some things between two sources files.

I didn't find any clear way to do it, and I had no answer about this topic on a french code::blocks's forum.

Thank's

jcmic

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: 2 sources files together
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 04:05:37 pm »
Click on an editors tab, drag it untilyou see a coloured, grey or whatever rectangle (depends on your OS and probably theme) and drop it there.
It has to be inside the editors panel.

Offline jcmic

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »
Thank you for your help,

I could do it once, but only after I had beforehand split the view (right click inside the window).
I think I could drag another file in the second panel, but I am unable to reproduce it for now.

Should I spilt the view first ? you didn't mention that in your previous post.

Generaly if I try to drag and drop a file within a panel, I can see the small rectangle, but it just put it's name in the current source code, but not the new code itself.

I know henceforth that' is  possible and I'll try to figure out.

Regards
jc

Offline jcmic

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 10:18:29 pm »
Ok, I'v understood the problem.
In fact I didn't see the blue color of the rectangle as I dropped the editor table. Now it works fine.

Thank you very much for your help

jcm