Author Topic: Compiling issues (newbie)  (Read 2530 times)

Offline dcvsu

• Single posting newcomer
Compiling issues (newbie)
« on: December 26, 2014, 02:08:22 am »
Hi guys,

I'm really excited to get started with programming, but I'm having serious issues with compiling my first program. CodeBlocks keeps saying "Permission denied". I've been trying everything for hours now, and I understand it's either something with the installation of the compiler or some problem with the system permissions (I'm using a Mac, Yosemite).

When setting up the compiler (Settings>Compiler>Global compiler settings>Toolchain executables), it says that it auto-detected the installation path of "GNU GCC Compiler", but I've also tried manually setting up a gfortran version, both times unsuccessful.

In the case it's about system permissions: I'm using an admin account and I've enabled developer mode. I know from other posts that system permissions is not something that should be posted here, but if this turns out to be my problem I would really appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction with this!

Thanks

Code
 Last login: Fri Dec 26 02:03:14 on ttys000
Ns-MacBook-Air:~ nts$ /Users/nts/Documents/bldkk
-bash: /Users/nts/Documents/bldkk: Permission denied
Ns-MacBook-Air:~ nts$ 

Code
Nothing to be done (all items are up-to-date).

Checking for existence: /Users/nts/Documents/bldkk
Executing: osascript -e 'tell app "Terminal"' -e 'activate' -e 'do script "/Users/nts/Documents/bldkk"' -e 'end tell' /Applications/CodeBlocks.app/Contents/MacOS/cb_console_runner  (in /Users/nts/Documents)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minute(s), 0 second(s))

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Compiling issues (newbie)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 02:34:19 am »
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ-Compiling_%28errors%29#Q:_How_do_I_troubleshoot_a_compiler_problem.3F

I am guessing from your prior post that you are on a Apple computer.

I have no idea what a build log is supposed to look like from an Apple computer; I am guessing is will look close to what an Windows or Linux log does.

Please follow the posted link an post your Full Build log in your next post.

The Code::Blocks CB version info would likely be good to post.

Edit: Do you know when you are having the problem?
1. Compiling or Linking
2. Running without debug
3. Running with debug

Tim S.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 02:37:42 am by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline dcvsu

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Compiling issues (newbie)
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2014, 06:42:28 pm »
Hi thanks for your reply. I installed another version, and it seems to be working now. I've got no idea what the problem was, I've tried reinstalling before without success, but it's working now so I'm happy  :D