Author Topic: Trouble Starting up? "Can't find compiler" Here is Help  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Zair Sky

• Single posting newcomer
Trouble Starting up? "Can't find compiler" Here is Help
« on: December 18, 2014, 04:31:23 pm »
if encountering the error, as i have below, when 1st installing. I found a way to fix it easily :) No need to pull your Hair out.  All you need to do is Settings -> Compiler... -> in the new window click the "Toolchain Executables" tab -> Hit the auto detect under "Compiler's Instilation directory" or if that doesn't work manually type the path name. Simple <3

edit: oops screen shot was to big so some scrolling might need to definitely be involved... To tired to fix right now, cba...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 04:52:49 pm by Zair Sky »
Fates Bless~

heritage972

Re: Trouble Starting up? "Can't find compiler" Here is Help
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2015, 03:23:05 am »
 :)
Thank you.  When I read your note there were 114 "reads" which could indicate quite a few people had this problem.  I did.  Wonder why the developers or moderators don't mention that.  If they do, I couldn't find it.  Seems like this should happen automatically (almost a pun).

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Trouble Starting up? "Can't find compiler" Here is Help
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 06:08:22 pm »
:)
Thank you.  When I read your note there were 114 "reads" which could indicate quite a few people had this problem.  I did.  Wonder why the developers or moderators don't mention that.  If they do, I couldn't find it.  Seems like this should happen automatically (almost a pun).

It has been mentioned in the forums many times!
I have mentioned myself at least twice.
Link to one of the times: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18075.0.html

Tim S.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 06:13:22 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org