Author Topic: How to change compiler-flags in Revision10050 under Ubuntu  (Read 2850 times)

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
How to change compiler-flags in Revision10050 under Ubuntu
« on: December 10, 2014, 12:22:08 pm »
Hello All.

Since yesterday I'm able to build Code::Blocks for my Ubuntu 14.04 (http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19807.0.html).

I'm still trying it out to ensure that really everything is working as wanted what means There may be still some bugs in my build-process.

Currently I face the following difference to my Windows Nightly (10035) I'm not able to understand:
The compiler-flags can not be modified in the build-options dialogue. I see only an empty white sub-pane in the associated tab with a red note below: "Right-click to setup or edit compiler flags". I see the same if I try to configure the flags in the global compiler setings. But if I click on the right button of my track-ball (something like a mouse) nothing happens while I have no problems to open a context-menu in the editor.

Under Windows (XP, 7 and 8.1) I use MinGw (TDM-GCC 4.8.1) and under Ubuntu the GNU GCC Compiler shipped with Ubuntu.

Where is my mistake?

Best regards,
                      Eckard.

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: How to change compiler-flags in Revision10050 under Ubuntu
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2014, 01:34:36 pm »
May be a problem as this one, but was on Windows ! http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19751.msg134950.html#msg134950

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
Re: How to change compiler-flags in Revision10050 under Ubuntu
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2014, 02:09:29 pm »
Hello Gd_on.

Thanks for your help. It was exactly the same issue and using the button "Reset Defaults" solved it as in your case.

I assume that this effect was caused by my experiments in the last days. Thus allow me to describe the history for those who may interested in some more details (perhaps to reproduce it):

• First I installed the last official Code::Blocks realease 13.12 offered by the Ubuntu Software-Center.
  • There I already faced a similar problem (pane was blank) with the difference that a right-click opened a context-window to choose an additional text-window that lists compiler-flags. Since I did not understand what to do I just deleted on flag in the assumption to switch it off this way.
  • Than I started to build the newest revision with the result described in my first post of this topic.
  • After following your link I uset the "Reset Defaults" button in the compiler settings and after restating Code::Blocks the compiler-flags are available again.

How ever since I know now how to deal with this effect, I understand it as solved for me.

Best regards,
                     Eckard.