Author Topic: Keyboard shortcuts 'Currently assigned to' does not work correctly  (Read 3026 times)

Offline squidesquide

• Single posting newcomer
The 'Control + D' (to duplicate text line) and 'Control + T' (to switch line order) shortcuts are a constant source of problems to me, since they mess up the code when I forgot my focus is not currently with my browser. I want to disable them. The problem is I can't find them in the Keyboard shortcuts tab in the Configure editor window (Settings > Editor...).

When I type Control+F at the 'New shortcut' textbox, Codeblocks correctly tells me it is currently assigned to 'Find'. But Control+D and Control+T both show currently assigned to None. That is not the case. Is this a bug? Am I searching at the wrong place?

More importantly: where can I find and disable the Control+D and Control+T shortcuts?

I'm running a standard Windows installation of Code::Blocks  Version Release 13.12 rev 9501. Thanks for any help.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Keyboard shortcuts 'Currently assigned to' does not work correctly
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 04:04:04 pm »
Probably in the code, but I have to look more seriously to verify this claim.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 07:45:46 pm »
Scintilla since rel 1.5 captures and controls many keys which Keybinder cannot see.

Scintila Release 1.50
Released on 24 January 2003.
Duplicate line command added with default assignment to Ctrl+D.

Offline squidesquide

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2014, 12:50:21 pm »
Thanks for the answers.

Are there any workarounds?

These shortcuts really do annoy me. I tried to find innocuous commands to assign Control+D and Control+T to, but that's neither elegant nor practical as a solution. Currently, I assingned 'Contro+T'
to 'focus the Thread Search tab', which can be kinda useful. Can't find a useful one for Control+D.

Anyway, for now this seems to be the 'fix': override the shortcuts with something else. Should I report this as a bug somewhere?

Cheers.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2014, 12:54:55 pm »
It is strange you don't like the ctrl-d.
I find it very useful tool when writing code.
It is a lot simpler than using copy-paste.

@Pecan: Have you talked to the Scintilla's maintainer about this issue?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2014, 07:08:53 pm »
@oBFusCATed

Not a Scintilla problem.

Scintilla does allows the programmer (and menus) to override the default (Ctrl-D) for the "Duplicate" command.
And KeyBinder allows the user to override the menu shortcuts.

But CB does not show some Scintilla shortcuts in the menus. When CB did show them (Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V for example), we were asked to remove them (I forget why).

« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 07:13:41 pm by Pecan »