Author Topic: does ppa to install nightly builds work on linux mint v17 ???  (Read 2831 times)

Offline bootstrap

• Multiple posting newcomer
does ppa to install nightly builds work on linux mint v17 ???
« on: November 27, 2014, 05:30:19 am »
I was developing a large application on 64-bit ubuntu with codeblocks, and had some ppa setup established to automagically update codeblocks every time ubuntu updated itself (every day or three).  After being sidetracked from that project for a few months, I am not back to develop the application again.

However, I bought a new SSD and installed 64-bit linux mint v17 instead of ubuntu this time.  And I like mint, so I want to stick with mint if I can.

However, I think that ppa was made just for ubuntu.

However, I think linux mint is based on ubuntu.

So, I'm confused.  Can I set up the ppa to get nightly builds on linux mint?  Or that only works [reliably] on ubuntu?

PS:  I did install the version of codeblocks that linux mint knows about (v13.12), and I can run and debug my application on that oldish version of codeblocks.  I'm also going to want to install codeblocks on my windoze7 machine, but obviously ppa doesn't apply.  Is there any easy way to keep that version of codeblocks updated too (without too much fiddling and trouble)?  Thanks for helping.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: does ppa to install nightly builds work on linux mint v17 ???
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2014, 07:36:24 am »
We have night builds for windows.
For the ppa the only way to know if it will work is to try it.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]