Author Topic: Stellaris/Tiva support with CodeBlocks (Sorry Newbie post)  (Read 7049 times)

Offline Marty_123

• Single posting newcomer
Stellaris/Tiva support with CodeBlocks (Sorry Newbie post)
« on: October 04, 2014, 07:34:44 am »
Hi Guys,
           Sorry to post such a newbie question but I have not been able to find the answer to my question anywhere else.
I am trying to program a TM4C123 & CC3200 (In future) [Both TI launchpad devices] using CodeBlocks under Windows 7-64bit.
I have seen a video of some Greek guy being able to select a Launchpad range when he selects a NewProject. This icon automatically appears in his version. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXSgrAiI_lQ
I have used Energia & Keil successfully before with the TM4C123 but want to be able to do the same with CodeBlocks.
I downloaded the recent codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup-TDM-GCC-481.exe package file.

Could someone please direct me on how to setup CodeBlocks for a launchpad device under Windows 7 ?

Thanks in advance,

Martin

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
Re: Stellaris/Tiva support with CodeBlocks (Sorry Newbie post)
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2014, 08:42:47 am »
Did you check the links under the video? That's a custom wizard so your answer is in the links under the video.

Offline Marty_123

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2014, 09:23:00 am »
Yes, I did take a look at the link underneath.
It is written for a linux OS. Very unsure as to how this applies to a Windows 7 OS.

I have looked through the link provided by http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31742622/stellaris.zip
There isn't too much in there to begin with.

Any other thoughts ? Has anyone ever run a script to add support for another Microcontrolelr ?

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2014, 10:07:58 am »
Has anyone ever run a script to add support for another Microcontrolelr ?
That's basically the idea for scripted wizard of CB but the problem is you have to consult the author for precise information in case you don't have experience. Anyway I checked the script and I couldn't spot anything that applies to linux only (I may be wrong though). I suggest you start with installing a suitable compiler (it looks like you need an ARM compiler) for Windows and install the wizard before trying it on Windows. The installation procedure should be the same as in linux. You can find more info here:
http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Wizard_scripts

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2014, 10:36:02 am »
The script works out of  the box on Windows 7 64-bit.
I can't say, whether the created project is really usable, but it would for sure be a starting-point.
You need (of course) the compiler it is written for "GNU Arm gcc".