Author Topic: C::B installation problems  (Read 4419 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
C::B installation problems
« on: January 12, 2006, 06:36:30 pm »
Hello,

today, I have tried to build C::B from the SVN sources.

All went fine (0 errors, 6 warnings), except when I have used update.bat. It seems that I had problems with the zip command :?. At the end, I have an output directory with all what I need, except the zip files, e.g., resource.zip, and so on. This prevented C::B to be started :(. I have tried to copy the resource.zip from the nightly build of yesterday. C::B started and crashed. If I copy all the zip files from the nightly build in my build then it seems to work fine.

Sorry for the stupid question :oops:, but what about those zip files?

Thank you very much.

Best wishes,
Michael

Offline Urxae

• Regular
Re: C::B installation problems
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 06:54:22 pm »
The zip command isnt' installed by default (at least on Windows) and not bundled with C::B, so you have to download it separately. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it...

*a quick forum search for "zip.exe" later*
Cyberkoa gives a link here.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: C::B installation problems
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 07:08:39 pm »
The zip command isnt' installed by default (at least on Windows) and not bundled with C::B, so you have to download it separately. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I got it...

*a quick forum search for "zip.exe" later*
Cyberkoa gives a link here.

Thank you very much :D. It works like a charm after downloading zip.exe, putting it into the src and changing the path to zip in the update.bat (I had to use an absolute path, because as it was, I did not get the 16x16 icons. XRC problems).

To be honest, I have thought that my problem was the absence of zip (I use WinRAR and 7zip), but then I said to me: "No. It could not be so simple!" :).

Michael