Author Topic: The 16 September 2014 build (9916) is out.  (Read 48864 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 16 September 2014 build (9916) is out.
« on: September 16, 2014, 09:40:30 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

Before you use a nightly make sure you understand how it works.

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx2812_gcc481-TDM.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/Prerequisites/mingwm10_gcc481-TDM.7z

The 16 September 2014 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/codeblocks/files/Binaries/Nightlies/2014/CB_20140916_rev9916_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   none

Resolved Fixed:

• merged scinitlla_3_5_0 branch into trunk, main new features:
    ** make use of MVC principle in scintilla
    ** timers are used for each type of periodic activity
    ** VHDL enhancement by danselmi
    ** lexer added for Windows registry files.
    ** a lot of fixes
    ** C::B: send wxEVT_SCI_CLIPBOARD_PASTE event to allow clients to change clipboard data
  • added registry lexer
  • CC: apply patch by Huki, this mainly fixes two things:
    1) Nested unnamed (struct or union) within unnamed: all the members should be invokable from the parent class or struct.
    2) Show tooltips for members of unnamed / enum within class invoked directly (also for nested cases).
    See details in the C::B forum post: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18315.msg133712.html#msg133712
  • CppCheck: Fix the text control in the config panel
  • CC: skip the C++ style comment correctly if reading doxygen style document is enabled, thus partially fix the bug: https://sourceforge.net/p/codeblocks/tickets/41/, the synchronization issue about the Token and the document still exists yet.
  • CppCheck: Add support for macros in the path of the cppcheck executable, clean up the code a bit
  • CC: Apply patch by Huki to improved calltips support for macro and typedef. See detailed description in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19278.msg133989.html#msg133989, add documents for Tokenizer::SplitArguments() function.
  • CC: Apply patch by Huki, this improved parsing support for func ptr, also add some comments about how to parse the pattern "AAA BBB(...);"

Both the four patterns of the function/variable will be recognized:
    void(*foo)(int a); // func ptr
    void *(*foo)(int a); // func ptr with ptr return type
    void foo(int a); // function decl
    AAA foo(5); // var initialized with ctor (only supported for local block)

For the Pattern "AAA BBB(...);", we need to distinguish the token type by where the statement locates, if it locates in a local block, such as a function body, we recognize it as a variable named BBB with type AAA, otherwise, it is a function declaration. This is just a hack since our parser don't use semantic checking. Details in: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,19278.msg134068.html#msg134068.

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    Re: The 16 September 2014 build (9916) is out.
    « Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 07:47:34 am »
    As usual:
    Debian packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems can be found in my debian-repo.
    Fedora packages (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit systems (fc19, fc20, fc21 and rawhide), RedHat/CentOS 5 and 6 packages (also 32-bit and 64-bit) and RedHat/CentOS 7 packages (only 64-bit at the moment) can be found in my rpm-repo.

Offline eckard_klotz

• Almost regular
    « Reply #2 on: September 17, 2014, 10:06:37 am »
    Hello Everybody.

How can folding be configured to folde only if the indicator symbol is used and not simply by clicking between the text-window and the line number column ? Or is it possible to place the folding collumn left from the line column or to place an inactive column between the text-window and the folding collumn?

The reason I ask is that nearly every time I try to place the cursor on the beginning of a line (using the mouse), the containing block will be folded even the line it self has no folding indicator. This means I have to open the block again and to search the line I want to edit again. The onnly posibility I know until now, is to deactivate folding completly.

Has somebody a tip for me?

Best regards,
                       Eckard.

Offline shurick

• Multiple posting newcomer
    « Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 01:18:24 pm »
    Packages for openSUSE (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.
    Packages for openSUSE http://codeblocks.esy.es  (binaries and sources) for 32-bit and 64-bit.

Offline damorin

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 02:02:24 pm »
    Hi,

just noticed the cursor is blinking erratically almost all the time. I tried to change the period, change it to a block but nohing seems to affect it.

Windows XP SP3.
    One problem at a time and we will get there.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #5 on: September 18, 2014, 12:18:00 am »
    I'm seeing the same issue with the cursor, running Windows XP x64.  The July 6, 2014 nightly does not exhibit this behavior on the same computer.  If it helps track down the offending change, let me know and I'll test each of the nightly releases in between.

I'm finding that an old bug still occurs where CodeBlocks correctly reports the file size of a source file in my project, but reports the line count as 0 and when I double click on the file from the manager window, it opens the file as if it was empty:
    http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,18580.msg128907.html#msg128907
    I copied the file to the root of my project and added that new copy to the project, but it also opens as if it was empty.  I copied a file that opens properly in CodeBlocks to that path (\src\alogg\src\) and it opens and displays normally.  It seems CodeBlocks has some kind of issue with this file in particular, which is available here:
    https://editor-on-fire.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/src/alogg/src/alogg.c

Offline White-Tiger

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2014, 12:21:51 pm »
    raynebc, well if that file is a problem, the uploaded one seems fine to me... so because of line ending conversation done by SVN and FTP, etc., can you maybe ZIP it or something?

@CB:
    I've got one question myself.. is it possible to add scopes / more scope to the codecompletion?
    IIRC it can handle normal scopes {}, but what about "global" variables declared static in one file? Currently I see every static variable or function in every file... this doesn't only make it hard for me to find variables for the current file, it's also confusing functions... I've got multiple files with functions with the same name (one file per dialog subpage), and when I try to open the declaration/implementation I end up being thrown to a different file... sometimes it doesn't even detect all functions in the current file.. (not sure if it's related)

So please let the parser respect the "static" keyword.. Since it does know about scopes, it shouldn't be too hard to handle it as one.
    Windoze 8.1 x86_64 16GiB RAM, wxWidgets-2.8x (latest,trunk), MinGW-builds (latest, posix-threads)
    Code::Blocks (x86 , latest , selection length patch , build option fixes/additions , toggle comments)

Offline scarphin

• Lives here!
    « Reply #7 on: September 18, 2014, 02:24:13 pm »
    I think the behavior of cursor blink is like it's scanning the whole blink period range with a certain increment, after that decrement the period range and then loop over again and again. At least on Windows.

Offline raynebc

• Almost regular
    « Reply #8 on: September 18, 2014, 06:46:40 pm »
    raynebc, well if that file is a problem, the uploaded one seems fine to me... so because of line ending conversation done by SVN and FTP, etc., can you maybe ZIP it or something?
    Here's the zipped file:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/sdnbmgggd9m7duc/alogg.zip

Offline Aleksandr

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2014, 06:38:49 pm »
    Hi,
    found a couple of things related to doxygen that I think are incorrect.

Looking ahead to say, the project directory tree looks like this:
    Code
    project/
      bin/
        debug/
        release/
      build/
        doxygen/
      doc/
    In the build/ directory is a project file project.cbp. In the doxygen/ directory is a file doxyfile. debug/ and release/ is the directory in which the executable files are placed. And directory doc/ where doxygen generates html.

Firstly, perform the menu item DoxyBlocksDoxywizard...

When the project has just opened and when menu item performed in the tab DoxyBlocks displays the following output:
    Code: "doxyblocks tab output"
    Running doxywizard...
    Process 16240 (C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin\doxywizard.exe C:\Users\Aleksandr\Code\C++\project\build\doxygen\doxyfile) launched.
    And in the opened dialog one can see that the file doxyfile was successfully readed.

But after has been run one of the targets (debug or release) the output changed to the following:
    Running doxywizard...
    Process 22804 (C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin\doxywizard.exe C:\Users\Aleksandr\Code\C++\project\bin\debug\doxygen\doxyfile) launched.
    or
    Running doxywizard...
    Process 17736 (C:\Program Files\doxygen\bin\doxywizard.exe C:\Users\Aleksandr\Code\C++\project\bin\release\doxygen\doxyfile) launched.
    respectively. It is obvious that the file is not readed. But, perform the menu item DoxyBlocksExtract documentation is still correct.

Secondly... well, it probably does not apply to the C::B, but to the plugin DoxyBlocks. I don't know.
    So, as you can see the directory tree before, doxygen is configured to put everything in the directory doc/. Nevertheless, after extracting documentation path in a message about the location of the generated document is invalid:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Extracting documentation for project.
    DoxyBlocks is working, please wait a few moments...
    Found existing doxyfile...
    Success.
    Your documents are in: C:\Users\Aleksandr\Code\C++\project\build\doxygen\

Done.

And perform the menu item DoxyBlocksRun HTML fails:
    Index.html not found at C:\Users\Aleksandr\Code\C++\project\build\doxygen\html/index.html.
    Thats it.
    [AAAA|+}

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
    « Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 10:03:17 pm »
    Hi, I am running the 9916 Nightly on two platforms
    Win7: Downloaded pre-built Nightly 9916 from this forum thread
    Kubuntu 14.04 64bit: Downloaded Jens Lody's tarball and built Nightly 9916 from source

I observe on Windows that the compiler options dialog has been redesigned, it seems to work (no detailed checking done).
    However, on Kubuntu, the compiler options dialog is completely empty, no options shown.

See attachments. Is this a known problem?

Offline Alpha

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 10:15:11 pm »
    Does the folder ~/.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/compilers/ exist?  Does it contain anything?

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
    « Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 10:16:57 pm »
    Does the folder ~/.codeblocks/share/codeblocks/compilers/ exist?  Does it contain anything?

Yes, it exists. It contains options_gcc.xml  with lots of options inside.

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 10:23:05 pm »
    My build seems to work on my debian wheezy test-vm with gnome-shell.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
    • Lives here!
    « Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 10:36:25 pm »
    Yes, it exists. It contains options_gcc.xml  with lots of options inside.
    Try moving that file elsewhere, then launch C::B.  If your options are back, could you please (compress and) post the .xml here?  Also, is it only GCC, or do all compilers not have options?