Author Topic: Visual C++ 8 Express Edition .NET 2.0  (Read 4406 times)

K.I.L.E.R

Visual C++ 8 Express Edition .NET 2.0
« on: January 12, 2006, 09:13:20 am »
It's only slightly better than Code::Blocks.
A noticeable difference but for a product you are supposed to pay $100 for, it aint worth it.

Code::Blocks only needs to fix the curent level of bugs, add some improvements already mentioned and add project dependency compilation and it would be on par with VS Express C++.

I've just created a project with VSE and it's code completition is on par with Code::Block's. Why is this a problem? Code::Blocks's code completition plugin has a *BUG* inside it while Microsoft's software AFAIK doesn't have a bug.
$10 says next release of Code::Blocks overtakes VSE 8?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Visual C++ 8 Express Edition .NET 2.0
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2006, 10:12:16 am »
Code::Blocks only needs ... add project dependency compilation and it would be on par with VS Express C++.

I don't know which version you 're using but the HEAD version supports project dependencies for some time now :)
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2006, 02:33:43 pm »
It's only slightly better than Code::Blocks.

IMHO C::B is better and it is getting better each day (just looks at the resolved fixed for the nightly builds) :D. Anyway, I would not compare too much C::B with Visual Studio, because AFAIK C::B does not aim to be a new version of Visual Studio.

Code::Blocks only needs to fix the curent level of bugs, add some improvements already mentioned and add project dependency compilation and it would be on par with VS Express C++.

Which version are you using? Did you try the latest nightly build?

I've just created a project with VSE and it's code completition is on par with Code::Block's. Why is this a problem? Code::Blocks's code completition plugin has a *BUG* inside it while Microsoft's software AFAIK doesn't have a bug.

Code completion is WIP. Anyway, rikg22 has already implemented several improvements (see the nightly build of 11 January 2006).

Michael

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2006, 07:23:18 pm »
I don't know which version you 're using but the HEAD version supports project dependencies for some time now :)

And it has more bugs,too! :lol:

(I'm working on some of them, btw)