Author Topic: Comment mapping gone  (Read 4574 times)

Offline teto

• Almost regular
Comment mapping gone
« on: September 03, 2014, 12:14:58 pm »
Hi,

I am using nightlies and the binding to comment code (Ctrl+Shift+C) disappeared (Uncomment still functional). I believe it got stolen by the "help plugin". I disabled it but it does not seem to be back. Is a restart mandatory (I've lots of tabs sorted in different panels so I am a bit reluctant to) or is there a way to know what plugin stole the mapping (via a verbose restart for instance ?)

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Comment mapping gone
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2014, 12:26:45 pm »
Works fine here on linux (newest trunk) !

Why do you think it's the help-plugin ?

Check the settings in "Settings -> Editor -> Keyboard shortcuts".

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2014, 12:40:59 pm »
Works perfectly thanks there are so many options (which is good) in CB that sometimes I can't find them.

Why do you think it's the help-plugin ?
Because after installing contrib, I typed Ctrl + shift + C as usual and it tried to launch a *.chm file with the name of the current project. When I disabled the plugin Ctrl+shift+C did nothing. I've tried reenabling theplugin and the mapping to see if it would steal the mapping again but it didn't. This might have been a glitch due to my chaotic setup so I don't think it's worth investigating.

thanks again !

Offline teto

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2014, 06:17:17 pm »
With the keybinder plugin it's easy to track keybindings and I was wrong, it was no the help plugin but the doxyblocks plugin that steals Shift+Alt+C and maps it to "Run CHM". I find this a bit aggressive since the commenting shortcut is quite useful, at least more than "Run the CHM".

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2014, 07:36:48 pm »
@devs: This seems to be a rather common complaint (and in my opinion, a plugin should not override shortcuts provided by core anyways).  Is there any objection to stripping default bindings from DoxyBlocks?

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2014, 08:46:25 pm »
Nope.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re:
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:57:44 pm »
Nope here, too.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2014, 10:37:48 pm »
No objections here either.

Offline Alpha

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 05:57:23 am »
Done.

I will leave it for someone else to decide if the other bindings it provides (which are for functions that I do not believe are commonly used) should be removed; and if/what the default shortcuts for inserting line/block comments should be added (more common usage).