Author Topic: can't find compiler executable in your search path Intel Fortran Composer for Wi  (Read 7076 times)

Offline jkrob

• Single posting newcomer
Hello,

New to C::B after having used Compaq Visual Fortran & now, Intel Fortran Composer XE for Windows. I noticed C::B has a compiler setting for Intel Fortran Composer for Windows but I can't get C::B to acknowledge it's existence. I go to Settings > Compiler dialog & select "Intel Fortran Composer for Windows". Then, in the "Toolchains" tab, I enter the path "C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE\bin" because the red text states "...[it] must end in a 'bin' ". I then go to "Additional Paths" tab & enter the full path of "C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE\bin\ia32". Even with all this, it complains it can't find the program.

I was able to get the GNU Fortran to work fine with the path "C:\MinGW" so...Is it because of the spaces in the path?

Thanks in advance,
Jeff

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Try "C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE" it must contain a bin folder NOT end in bin.

Tim S.
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline jkrob

Ok...

I changed the 'Compiler Installation Directory' to "C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE" but since the executables are not in the 'bin' but the '\bin\ia32' directory, I kept the directory string "C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE\bin\ia32" in the 'Additional Paths' entry...but it still does not find it.

Jeff

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Have you tried to add the bin/ia32 path in the additional executable paths?
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline jkrob

"...Have you tried to add the bin/ia32 path in the additional executable paths?"

I said I did in both of my previous posts. I have even gone further;

1) copied the programs from C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE\bin\ia32 to the C:\Program Files\Intel\Composer XE\bin directory ... but that didn't help.
2) copied the bin\ directory & contents to the C:\Program Files\Intel directory to satisfy the 'Default' directory recommendation so it is now C:\Program Files\Intel\bin ... but that didn't help either.

This shouldn't be that hard...should it?

manjupvd

It requires to run a batch file with system wide options vs2010/intel64 or vs2010/ia32 etc.
Thus you create a batch file with a call to ifortvars.bat and then from the same batch file call cblauncher.exe

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
It should be possible to replicate the contents of the batch file with the environment variable plugin.
Also it should be possible to change the xml files for ifortran to make it run without settings.

So patches welcome...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]