Author Topic: User Interface translations (PT and pt_BR)  (Read 3869 times)

greylica

User Interface translations (PT and pt_BR)
« on: August 19, 2014, 08:35:06 pm »
Hi, my name is Ivan Paulos Tomé, A.K.A. greylica. I'm one of the members of the Blender (3D) translators team (for PT and pt_BR),

Recently at the IBTA university we have been using Code::Blocks to write some small codes, and my classroom asked me where the .mo files for translations are located.

We have been using 13.12, but the default install haven't created a "locale" path, so, I have created the path and I have downloaded the version located at the launchpad (Canonical), but the language is not being recognized, seems to me it's an outdated version of the .po and .mo.

In the second try, I have downloaded and concatenated the .po's located at the SVN repository, and I have translated a few strings to test, but without success, it seems to me that the pot files are outdated in some way.

Is there an SVN repository where we can work together (In the same way I have been working with Blender Foundation as a "maintainer" of the UI in Portuguese and Brazilian Portuguese ?

I'm willing to help not as a simple translator, but as one of the "maintainers" of PT and pt_BR languages, but I don't know if we have a SVN repository for the languages. (localizations, i18n)

Many thank's in advance for the great software and for the replies.
:)

Cheers
« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 08:38:01 pm by greylica »

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
Re: User Interface translations (PT and pt_BR)
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2014, 08:00:36 am »
Hi, welcome, maybe, this threadCode::Blocks' translation can help you.
If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.