Author Topic: How to use Win32 GUI Project for User Interface  (Read 16385 times)

Offline asd34

• Multiple posting newcomer
How to use Win32 GUI Project for User Interface
« on: August 12, 2014, 08:40:18 pm »
Dear All,

How we use Win32 GUI template to design graphical user interface, I googled to find information related to that but it turns out to be that it is not used widely for graphical interface design. If I'm wrong can you give me the entry point on how to design a toolbar, statusbar, etc.. with Win32 GUI project template?

Regards,

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: How to use Win32 GUI Project for User Interface
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 10:14:32 pm »
Type MSDN Win32 api documentation in your favourite search engine.

But keep in mind that C::B doesn't have visual UI editor for Win32 projects only for wxWidgets projects.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline asd34

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2014, 10:34:42 pm »
ut keep in mind that C::B doesn't have visual UI editor for Win32 projects only for wxWidgets projects.
It's fine as long as knowing that every visual control can be achieved with creating it during the run time. As a result User interface doesn't change so often in application life time of course if you are not planing to add some fancy ribbon like controls etc..

CAn you confirm that Win32 GUI can be used in run time and is not obsolete among the other GUI interfaces,

Regards,

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2014, 10:56:12 pm »
If you are a masochist you can do you app in Win32, but if you're half sane and want to do UI easily then you choose something else (qt, wxwidgets, etc)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]