Author Topic: new re-installation  (Read 6469 times)

Offline YangonBill

• Single posting newcomer
new re-installation
« on: July 23, 2014, 07:31:39 pm »
CB 13:12, I have carefully checked all default are reset for settings. Uninstalled and reinstalled.
codeblocks-13.12mingw-setup.exe

I have re-installed CB and built and run simplest (default) program in C.  Code is compiled, linked and creates a runable exe (in windows). 
I used the cmd window to go to the C:\cslib\c-88\bin\Debug\ directory and ran the exe by hand.  Works fine.
However when the console runner tries to execute it give no output but returns error.  This is the build log

-------------- Run: Debug in c-88 (compiler: GNU GCC Compiler)---------------

Checking for existence: C:\cslib\c-88\bin\Debug\c-88.exe
Executing: "C:\Program Files (x86)\CodeBlocks/cb_console_runner.exe" "C:\cslib\c-88\bin\Debug\c-88.exe"  (in C:\cslib\c-88\.)
Process terminated with status 1993208969 (0 minute(s), 9 second(s))

Need a direction to look for the problem. Windows 7, everything is reinstalled and rebuilt, also rebooted ... "just because..."

It would appear that I have a error in the installation, but I don't know where to look next? suggestions? or solicitation for more information?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 10:42:56 pm »
If you look carefully at the output given you'll realise that the path you start your app from is different. Setup the path where you want or even need to run your app through the project options please.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline YangonBill

• Single posting newcomer
Re: new re-installation
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2014, 01:55:08 am »
thanks for your assist, slip of the finger in deletion and recreation.  Try not to bother you again with stupidity.
YangonBill