Author Topic: [SOLVED] Auto-select same words  (Read 3959 times)

Offline wizard50

• Single posting newcomer
[SOLVED] Auto-select same words
« on: July 22, 2014, 12:43:21 pm »
Hi there,

I've installed the new version of Code::Blocks (so 13.12) on my Ubuntu 14.04 64 bits. On this new version, I've lost a functionnality which was present in the previous version I was using (I don't know which one, no more than one year old). I don't know how to reactivate it on this new version, i searched on Google during a very long time but nothing...

On the previous version, when I was double-clicking on a word in my code (variable name, function name, ...), the IDE was automatically highlighting where this word appears in the current file (black font on red background if I remember well). It was a kind of quick "find" just by double-clicking on the word you are looking for. It allowed me to see quickly where I was using a variable in a function for example.

Do you know how to reactivate it in the version 13.12 ?

Thank you a lot for the help.

Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:09:37 pm by wizard50 »

Offline wizard50

• Single posting newcomer
Re: Auto-select same words
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:52 pm »
Here is the solution to my problem.

I found that the plugin responsible for this functionnality is the OccurencesHighlighting plugin. However, no traces of it in my plugin manager, no file named liboccurrenceshighlighting.so or liboccurrenceshighlighting.so.do_not_load on my system ...

I tried to update and upgrade my OS but still the same.

Well, after a look on Google, I found that the file liboccurrenceshighlighting.so was present in the package codeblocks-dbg, so I ran the command " sudo apt-get codeblocks-dbg " and it's working now :D I have now very probably a lot of unnecessary packages on my OS but never mind, it's working :)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »
That might be a bug in the packaging mechanism because they're is no reason to have it in the debug version only...maybe Jens can check
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ