Author Topic: [Solved] CB 13.12 Compiled - Problem with help plugin  (Read 3873 times)

Offline Napoleon

• Multiple posting newcomer
[Solved] CB 13.12 Compiled - Problem with help plugin
« on: April 22, 2014, 10:09:36 am »
[Ubuntu 13.10 w/ CB13.12 built with --with-contrib-plugins=all]

I have a strange problem with the help plugin.

Having adding an entry "Man Pages" with the following settings:  command  = man:/usr/bin/man $(keyword)  "This is the default help" TICKED, and "Thus line represents a full command to be executed" TICKED.
When I press F1 in the editor, nothing happens.  When I open the view "Man pages viewer", the window opens, but when I type 'fgets' and press "Search" it returns Man page not found.

The Ubuntu command which man returns /usr/bin/man

To test the help plugin, I installed the devhelp package then created the devhelp.sh script (set its execution bit), and when I add it to the help plugin as the default, it works.

Why would the help plugin work for devhelp but not man pages?

Cheers,
Nap

« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:53:53 pm by Napoleon »

Offline gd_on

• Lives here!
Re: CB 13.12 Compiled - Problem with help plugin
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2014, 01:24:33 pm »
I don't use the man page viewer as you.
My command line is :
man:/usr/share/man
this is the path for all the man files, not the man executable itself, I don't add $(keyword), and, I don't check "This line represents a full command ..."
I'm on CentOS, but it should not be very different in your case.

gd_on
Windows 11 64 bits (23H2), svn C::B (last version or almost!), wxWidgets 3.2.4 (tests with 3.3), Msys2 Compilers 13.2.0, 64 bits (seh, posix : gcc, g++ and gfortran in C:\msys64\mingw64) or 32 bits (dwarf2, posix  in C:\msys64\mingw32).

Offline Napoleon

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: CB 13.12 Compiled - Problem with help plugin
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:53:31 pm »
thanks gd_on, I set it the same as you have, and it works nice now.

I didn't realise it was looking for the location of the 'man' data files and had the executable's path there.  Also, "This line represents a full command to be executed" must be UN-TICKED.