Author Topic: Winforms project in linux  (Read 4972 times)

Offline jsbelanger

• Single posting newcomer
Winforms project in linux
« on: April 15, 2014, 08:06:45 pm »
I'm new to the forums and to Code::blocks, having just started using it in April as part of my intro to C++ course in college. I noticed that even though I've set up a cross compiler on the install on my linux laptop (not easy, as the instructions are geared specifically to Ubuntu, and I use openSuSE, which has a different directory structure for the mingw install, not to mention the instructions apparently are a couple years old), there doesn't seem to be a way to point Code::blocks at a project being a windows GUI application from within Linux. As a college student taking an intro to C++ course, this is not, of course critical, as all the work being done as yet and, as far as I know, for the whole course, is going to be console applications. For my own curiosity, however, I am wondering if there is a way to add this project target, whether through settings like how I added in the MinGW cross compiler (BTW, one would think that Code::Blocks would be set up to just look for that and be able to select and use it), or via some sort of plugin.

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
Re: Winforms project in linux
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 09:37:22 pm »
You can create wxWidgets GUI applications just fine with Code::Blocks, and such applications may be compiled under any operating system. Look up the wxSmith tutorial for a start.

Offline jsbelanger

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2014, 08:47:50 pm »
But would I not have to install some sort of wx software on the target machine similar to having to install GTK+ in windows for a GTK app?

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2014, 10:25:52 pm »
You can open the wizard window with "File -> New -> Project" and right-click between the icons, click on "Edit global registration script" and remove the
Code
     if (PLATFORM == PLATFORM_MSW)
from
Code
    if (PLATFORM == PLATFORM_MSW)
        RegisterWizard(wizProject, _T("win32gui"),     _T("Win32 GUI project"),     _T("GUI"));

save the file and restart C::B.