Author Topic: Not a bug but something not implemented right  (Read 4982 times)

K.I.L.E.R

Not a bug but something not implemented right
« on: January 07, 2006, 12:48:03 pm »
Ever store your files in different sub folders?
Well I do.

#include "..\gameInterface\IGame.h"

While it compiles and links corectly but take a guess at what happens when you right click and select "Open #include file:[...]" option?
A message box saying "Not found ..\gameInterface\IGame.h".

Will this be improved upon?
Thanks.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Not a bug but something not implemented right
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 12:59:04 pm »

Yes it will.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

K.I.L.E.R

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 01:09:02 pm »
Thanks.
I would also like to mention that any cpp file that includes the header doesn't have code completion working within it.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 01:54:23 pm »
I would also like to mention that any cpp file that includes the header doesn't have code completion working within it.

Yes, I have remarked it too sometimes ago :). See here. For more info you can also search in the forum. Anyway, the code completion is WIP.

Michael

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2006, 06:45:22 pm »
As of release 1602, December 27, 2005 this works for every file whose filesystem path the parser is able to determine. This works with almost all files with the sole exception of a few standard C++ headers.

Furthermore, to avoid the annoying "not found" error messages, the respective menu entries are only shown if the parser can determine the location of a symbol.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2006, 07:37:55 pm »
Even for header files it could work, I have submitted along time ago a patch to Yiannis by PM, tomorrow I will update the patch to the latest revision.

Patch contains 2 things :
- on the inside the extra paths of the gnu compiler are added so they can be searched,
- if a certain header file is found several time a dialog shows up which allows you to select amongst the seach hits.

I will post the patch also on sourceforge, maybe Thomas you can process it then, although you are probably as busy as Yiannis with other stuff.

Lieven