Author Topic: conflict with usb cellphone connection  (Read 3784 times)

Offline wangwy

• Single posting newcomer
conflict with usb cellphone connection
« on: February 21, 2014, 02:08:51 am »
Hi everyone,
I found a strange funny thing that whenever I connect my smart cellphone to my computer (the usb disk mode turned off, only charging mode on), warning messages will pop up at the beginning of debugging.
The warning says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive 'x' " and it is issued by the debugger (gdb.exe etc.). It appears the IDE is asking the debugger(sometimes also the compiler) traversing all the disk drivers available on the computer. Since the usb disk mode of the cellphone is turned off as its default behaviour, the gdb started by the codeblock IDE will think it find an unformatted or uninserted disk, thus the warning come out. It is certainly caused by the IDE since there is no problem when I manually run all the compiling and debugging things under command line environment.
Believe me, it is really boring. Is there anyway to solve this?

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: conflict with usb cellphone connection
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2014, 02:18:31 am »
os and gdb version?
i think this has something to do with your gdb version...
Qote from http://tdm-gcc.tdragon.net/
For systems where the H: drive is mapped to a device that isn't present, compiling no longer causes spurious error popups attempting to reference that drive.

Offline wangwy

• Single posting newcomer
Re: conflict with usb cellphone connection
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2014, 03:44:53 am »
Hi, thank you.
The OS is win 7 32 bit.
The deugger does not really affect the event, both Mingw-gdb(4.8.1) and cygwin-gdb(4.8.2) (and the old versions 4.6.x) have the problem. the fact is it seems the codeblock IDE asked the debugger to visit every disk drive, as I mentioned, if I do the debugger manually under command-line, there is no such problem.

wait...maybe I will have a try of TDM-gcc.........

Hi, it works! :)
I should recall my previous assertions, it is not certainly a result of the IDE. my bad....
thank you very much!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2014, 03:59:34 am by wangwy »