Author Topic: Code::blocks 13.12 in Ubuntu 12.04  (Read 8385 times)

Offline amhndu

• Single posting newcomer
Code::blocks 13.12 in Ubuntu 12.04
« on: June 12, 2014, 04:29:18 pm »
Code::Blocks 13.12 couldn't be installed on 12.04 using the provided deb packages in the downloads section because of the dependency libfontconfig1 >= 2.9.x.x.
Trying to install it that way breaks the packaging system , but as it comes out I was able to use codeblocks , it appeared in the app menu and I could run it well even though I have libfontconfig 2.8.x , less than the version specified in the dependency of the package.
So , I tried the repository mentioned in that download page (pasgui 's), as it comes out it only has builds for trusty (14.04) .
So , the only way i could do install it is by compiling it myself. (It took a heck of  time though  :) ).
Now I still don't have the plugins , though I'll find something.
I created this post to let the developers' and the maintainers know of this issue,so they can look into this. (maybe change libfontconfig1 dependency version.)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Code::blocks 13.12 in Ubuntu 12.04
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 07:18:03 pm »
Try mine. Links in my sig. (I haven't been keeping up with the last few C::B nightlies in my nightly ppa, but the daily ppa is updated every day so long as there are changes to the C::B source repository)

Offline Folco

• Regular
    • Folco's blog (68k lover)
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:16:53 pm »
To get the plugins, prepare the compilation with ./configure --with-contrib-plugins=all
Kernel Extremist - PedroM power ©

Offline amhndu

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 04:57:39 pm »
To get the plugins, prepare the compilation with ./configure --with-contrib-plugins=all
Thanks , I tried ./configure --help but I got lost  ;D.

Try mine. Links in my sig. (I haven't been keeping up with the last few C::B nightlies in my nightly ppa, but the daily ppa is updated every day so long as there are changes to the C::B source repository)
Thank you too , but I have already compiled it myself , but hey , if you are regular it should be on the download page to help others. (instead of that pasgui's)