Author Topic: How to set my workspace as default?  (Read 4576 times)

dedesite

How to set my workspace as default?
« on: January 06, 2006, 01:33:38 pm »
All is in the title, I can't find the way to set my workspace as default in order as it start when I open Code::Blocks.

I have another question :

How can I create a new type of "default project" like "Console Application" or "Ogre Application"? I want to do that because I'm using OGRE, but the type "Ogre Application" is not good configure for GCC compiler, so I would like to modify it.

Thanks for your futur help and sorry for my bad english.

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
Re: How to set my workspace as default?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2006, 02:45:34 pm »
All is in the title, I can't find the way to set my workspace as default in order as it start when I open Code::Blocks.

Did you try already: Settings-->Environments-->View?

I have another question :

How can I create a new type of "default project" like "Console Application" or "Ogre Application"? I want to do that because I'm using OGRE, but the type "Ogre Application" is not good configure for GCC compiler, so I would like to modify it.

Project-->Save project as user-template. Search also in the forum to get more info and/or useful posts.

Thanks for your futur help and sorry for my bad english.

Your english is ok :).

Michael

PS.: Plaese do not forget to specifiy which version of C::B you are using together with other useful information (e.g., OS).

dedesite

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 12:30:29 pm »
Thanks for your repply, I haven't be aware by mail that you've repply so I was a bit long to repply.  :)

Did you try already: Settings-->Environments-->View?

I saw this option for the project but it doesn't work...
I think I've found the problem...I install code::blocks in my school and I haven't the right to write in the system disk and can't change environnement setting and register key... so there are some little bug.
To bad  :(, I will do that at home but it for a school's project.

Project-->Save project as user-template. Search also in the forum to get more info and/or useful posts.

I'll try that at home too.

And my CB version is 1.0Rc2.

Thanks

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 12:42:05 pm »
And my CB version is 1.0Rc2.

I would advice you to get the latest nightly build. RC2 is older and several bugs have been fixed in the SVN revision. New features have also been added. You can compile the latest revision by yourself too, instead of getting the nightly build. It is easy and it worths.

Michael

jc

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 07:47:25 pm »
I've been using the nightly's for awhile now, and I should say the Jan 16th build feels quite robust, and I personally do not see any bugs (though I'm sure you guys are spotting them and squelching them quite quickly!). Definitely recommended.