Author Topic: What to do with debug reports  (Read 6172 times)

Offline littlegene

• Multiple posting newcomer
What to do with debug reports
« on: December 27, 2013, 08:21:39 am »
Hi.
I was using C::B from one quite stable revision of 8xxx for a year or more.

Now I've just built 13.12-rc2 from source (on Linux), installed it and launched.
After nice-looking splash screen and compilers' settings upgrades agreement, I've got something like debug report with writing the message to /tmp/codeblocks_dbgrpt-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
C::B exits now each time I am launching it.

Whom to inform about that debug report and where to post its contents?

(I think (but not sure of course) this error has to do with interraction between OLD wxwidgets-2.8 with NEW C::B revisions. The attempt to launch new builds of C::B in Windows force memory violation with something looking like 0x500000.... error)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: What to do with debug reports
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 10:07:26 am »
Whom to inform about that debug report and where to post its contents?
Well first you can try to delete your config under ~/.codeblocks usually named default.conf. (Make a backup before!)...

And post the contents here - thats fine.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline littlegene

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:54:29 pm »
I've checked it --- cleaning default.conf really helps. And C::B ready to use. Thanks.

However could you check the upgrade of .conf and etc. (.KeyBindings.ini) be performed well? Should I provide this file for that.
With my current .conf (with other name than default.conf) the /tmp/codeblocks_dbgrpt... looks like:

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 04:35:43 pm »
However could you check the upgrade of .conf and etc. (.KeyBindings.ini) be performed well? Should I provide this file for that.
Yes, please provide the conf file here as well. Most likely its related to the compiler framework being upgraded.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

mark2

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 01:56:45 am »
I've checked it --- cleaning default.conf really helps. And C::B ready to use. Thanks.

However could you check the upgrade of .conf and etc. (.KeyBindings.ini) be performed well? Should I provide this file for that. I will come back here later for more information.

I tried cleaning default.conf and it did help.  Thanks for that info.  
« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 04:11:56 am by mark2 »

Offline littlegene

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2014, 07:32:34 am »
Yes, please provide the conf file here as well. Most likely its related to the compiler framework being upgraded.
I've attached a similar conf file with the upgrade problem. But you probably will not necessary reproduce it.(  And here is why.
I've really have a PORTABLE version of suse-linux  with different video systems (and commonly different system (hardware) things) on each host. And on one of my hosts I successfully auto-upgaded all the confs. While on other hosts the upgrades of the all confs failed (of course, I was saving all the old confs each time).
I thought out that info could be helpful for you.