Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

Update re Python Plugins

(1/4) > >>

dmoore:
For better or worse, I have started consolidating all of my open source stuff on github. So the old cbilplugin project on berlios is now codeblocks-python on github.

The github page lists the plugins and has screenshots. I am still thinking about the best way to share the plugins with end users.

tankypon:
Hi, I'm a new user of the forum.
I use Code::Blocks for some years now and I'm just registering because I like your job!
The idea to implement Python in Code::Blocks is pretty cool thanks.
For me, It's one of the thing it miss to Code::Blocks. So thank you to provide that to the community!
I will try to use your plugin the more I can ahah, because I didn't found yet my python IDE maybe Code::Blocks now.

Now I have a question: What is the difference between "PythonCodeCompletion-cc" and "PythonCodeCompletion"?

And I have a suggestion: the first time I used python plugins, Code::Bloks has crashed every time I typed code. It was due to Jedi was not installed in my system.. So it will be more robust if you can check if Jedi is installed on the system to prevent crashes, and if is not installed just tell to the user in warning message to install it.

PS: And sorry for my student english..

dmoore:

--- Quote from: tankypon on January 19, 2014, 10:46:18 am ---Hi, I'm a new user of the forum.
I use Code::Blocks for some years now and I'm just registering because I like your job!
The idea to implement Python in Code::Blocks is pretty cool thanks.

--- End quote ---

Well, thank you for testing them.

--- Quote ---For me, It's one of the thing it miss to Code::Blocks. So thank you to provide that to the community!
I will try to use your plugin the more I can ahah, because I didn't found yet my python IDE maybe Code::Blocks now.

--- End quote ---

I tend to use the file manager instead of projects when I am working with python. Then use Tools (or Tools plus plugin) to create launchers for python

--- Quote ---Now I have a question: What is the difference between "PythonCodeCompletion-cc" and "PythonCodeCompletion"?

--- End quote ---

PythonCodeCompletion-cc works with the refactoring of the Code::Blocks SDK to better support multiple code completion plugins (see https://github.com/alpha0010/codeblocks_sf/tree/cc_interface, make sure you get the cc_interface branch). It adds support for showing docstrings and is generally more robust.

PS: That plugin may move to a separate branch to make merging changes from the main plugin easier.

--- Quote ---And I have a suggestion: the first time I used python plugins, Code::Bloks has crashed every time I typed code. It was due to Jedi was not installed in my system.. So it will be more robust if you can check if Jedi is installed on the system to prevent crashes, and if is not installed just tell to the user in warning message to install it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the bug report. I will look into it.

--- Quote ---PS: And sorry for my student english..

--- End quote ---

No apology needed, you write clearly.

tankypon:
Thank you for your advices. Yes I agree with you for the file manager, it's more easy.
I never used Tools before (because I didn't know is goal) but I'm stupid for never try it before today because it's a great tool. I can know launch my python script inside Code::Blocks, it's amazing! Before that, I used a terminal.

--- Quote ---PythonCodeCompletion-cc works with the refactoring of the Code::Blocks SDK to better support multiple code completion plugins (see https://github.com/alpha0010/codeblocks_sf/tree/cc_interface, make sure you get the cc_interface branch). It adds support for showing docstrings and is generally more robust.
--- End quote ---
I understand. I use the nithglies build of Code::Blocks, do you know if these builds are using this cc_interface?

--- Quote ---Thanks for the bug report. I will look into it.
--- End quote ---
I try the newer version of your plugins and I have no crash even when the jedi library is not installed just now a  dialog appear to prevent users to install jedi or python. Thank you for this fast patch.
If I see bugs, I will reported them in this topic :)

oBFusCATed:

--- Quote from: tankypon on January 20, 2014, 08:58:01 pm ---I understand. I use the nithglies build of Code::Blocks, do you know if these builds are using this cc_interface?

--- End quote ---
No, not yet, but hopefully in the near future we'll merge the changes back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version