Author Topic: Run a debugger on a remote machine  (Read 3331 times)

Offline erezz

• Multiple posting newcomer
Run a debugger on a remote machine
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:28:25 pm »
I'm running c::b on Ubuntu 12.04. My app runs on a remote Linux machine. I'd like to run it with gdb via c::b. I tried to find info about it, but only found info about how to run a remote debugger from Windows to a remote machine, which is irrelevant for me.

Assuming that this is possible, I would also like to run my app with arguments.

One more thing - my project builds more than a single binary. I guess that I need to tell it somehow which binary I'd like to debug.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,
Erez

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Run a debugger on a remote machine
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 04:20:32 pm »
I'm running c::b on Ubuntu 12.04. My app runs on a remote Linux machine. I'd like to run it with gdb via c::b. I tried to find info about it, but only found info about how to run a remote debugger from Windows to a remote machine, which is irrelevant for me.
Read about gdbserver and then inspect the Project->Properties -> Debugger options.

Assuming that this is possible, I would also like to run my app with arguments.
Project -> set programs' arguments, but this is irrelevant for remote debugging.

One more thing - my project builds more than a single binary. I guess that I need to tell it somehow which binary I'd like to debug.
Select the proper project and target and this will be used for debugging.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]