Author Topic: Red underline  (Read 7468 times)

Offline al7amimi

• Multiple posting newcomer
Red underline
« on: October 27, 2013, 09:35:07 pm »
I did not notice this issue in the dated version that I used in the past, but now since I updated to the latest version it seems non syntax C++ words (e.g. remarks, generic text...) are underlined with red line, how can I disable that and keep error checking just for the syntax.

thnx in advance,

*edit*
Upon starting a new file or project, is it possible for the editor to automatically add the date and the time at the beginning, obviously remarked line?! and perhaps add more custom info? What about adding the latest edited date/time upon closing the file/IDE?

*edit*
Fixed. Just added /EHsc as explained by the error message...

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:57:46 pm by al7amimi »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Red underline
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 09:45:02 pm »
Searching the internet is always faster that posting on a forum.
This is the first result on google using "codeblocks red underline" as keywords:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14268631/why-does-codeblocks-12-11-on-windows-underline-my-comments-with-red-zigzag-lin

For the feature request: you can always write a plugin to do what you want. :)
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline al7amimi

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:54:48 pm »
Searching the internet is always faster that posting on a forum.
This is the first result on google using "codeblocks red underline" as keywords:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14268631/why-does-codeblocks-12-11-on-windows-underline-my-comments-with-red-zigzag-lin

For the feature request: you can always write a plugin to do what you want. :)

Does it affect the syntax error recognition in the editor before compiling the code?

and thnx for the response...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 09:59:27 pm by al7amimi »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 07:25:30 am »
Does it affect the syntax error recognition in the editor before compiling the code?
Hm, I don't think C::B have this feature by default...
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]