Author Topic: Management font color per item  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
Management font color per item
« on: October 21, 2013, 10:34:11 am »
I was thinking would there be any idea to have an option to set colors of files and classes individually? I've thought that it would be nice to set green color for "finished" source file and something like red to mark unfinished items that still need work. That way you don't need to remember which items were unfinished (when you are using only IDE for project management). It could also be other kind of visual display option, not just color.

Even limited color options would be nice. Something like green, red and "reset to default".

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Management font color per item
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 01:11:38 pm »
you can use the TODO plugin for this. Not to colourize but to find the places where work is needed ;)

but patches are welcome ;)

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 11:49:14 am »
you can use the TODO plugin for this. Not to colourize but to find the places where work is needed

TODO is a bit different than file/class-based management would be and the plugin is somewhat redundant in a way that you can simply write a comment starting with TODO: or something and then search for them. Search results are even easier and faster to find, because they are kept in the bottom tab, while TODO plugin needs a dedicated window.

As an off-topic idea there could be a function-based todo or more like a list where you could add functions and simple explanation what kind of work is needed in that function. If the function name is changed or it's deleted it could be removed from the list and to keep things faster there would be no project-wide scan in the start (like current TODO has). The list would be corrected only when no matching function is found. Also, there would be no clumsy comment lines added to the source.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2013, 01:11:16 pm »
You could probably implement this as a plugin.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2013, 01:34:21 pm »
while TODO plugin needs a dedicated window.
You can also have it in Logs & others, search the settings, I do not remember where it is actually.

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2013, 02:48:14 pm »
while TODO plugin needs a dedicated window.
You can also have it in Logs & others, search the settings, I do not remember where it is actually.
Environment settings-> todo list->Include Todo....

Offline Krice

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2013, 10:12:41 am »
You could probably implement this as a plugin.

In that case it would be strange to bring the idea here as a form of a suggestive message.