Author Topic: [Feature Request] - Symbols browser - select function, where cursor is  (Read 15580 times)

Offline MasterAlexei

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Fun electronic
Hello there!
Hope it is right place to place requests  :)

It would be nice to have that feature, that selects the function in symbol browser, at which the cursor currently stays.
Some of the projects, which I need to rework (and I think, not only I), have functions, which are more than 1000 lines long, and when I use Thread Search, and jump at some line, it is difficult to realize, in which function I am at the moment.

If such feature already exists, please point me to the Setting to turn it on.

Thanks you all for a great job here!
Regards,

Alexey

ToApolytoXaos

Re: [Feature Request] - Symbols browser - select function, where cursor is
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2013, 09:21:16 am »
Hello there!
Hope it is right place to place requests  :)

It would be nice to have that feature, that selects the function in symbol browser, at which the cursor currently stays.
Some of the projects, which I need to rework (and I think, not only I), have functions, which are more than 1000 lines long, and when I use Thread Search, and jump at some line, it is difficult to realize, in which function I am at the moment.

If such feature already exists, please point me to the Setting to turn it on.

Thanks you all for a great job here!
Regards,

Alexey

I don't understand. Does not Symbols tab window from Management work for you? From Management's view option, choose "Current Project's symbols" and you double click on the function, macro, typedef...whatever of your choice and it will take you to the exact location of it.

Offline MasterAlexei

• Fun electronic
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2013, 09:26:29 am »
It works wonderful, and exactly, as you describe.
But it is in one direction.
I would like to have an other direction too: to highlight the function in the list, in which the cursor (caret) at the moment is, where I am editing/look at the code right now.

ToApolytoXaos

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2013, 09:27:17 am »
My bad. I just re-read your question and indeed that feature would help a lot. I thought the symbol mechanism was not working for you.

Offline darmar

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 12:02:42 pm »
Code-completion has a toolbar, which shows your current location. ('View->Toolbars->Code completion' - in a case if it is closed.)

But I think you speak about feature, which is implemented in FSymbols for Fortran.
Maybe you like me: I like to see my location on a map (Symbols Browser), not just to know my address (Code-completion toolbar).