Author Topic: move tabs in management window back to top of window -how??  (Read 9357 times)

Offline iamk2

• Multiple posting newcomer
I selected the option in the management window to move the [project-symbols-files-resources] tabs to the bottom of the window.
I have since decided that I like them better at the top.
I went to move them back up to the top but there is no button as before (The button I used to move them down).
Cant find any thing on the internet or in this forum addressing this issue - so I am asking for guidance. ANYONE??

Also, I know if you do not have the file manager plugin enabled that there is no file tab present in the management window.
As being new to programming - a few months now - learning on my own - I really have not got into what the symbols or resources tabs are for and will wait until I get to a point where I am introduced through my self teachings to learn more about them. So question - Is there a way to remove them from the management window till a later point in time???

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: move tabs in management window back to top of window -how??
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2013, 09:50:35 am »
Right click on a tab -> Tabs at top.

I don't think there is a way to remove the Resources.
The Symbol browser could be removed by disabling CC plugin, have you tried to play with the setting, you might be able to disable it, too, but I've not done so.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2013, 10:12:21 am »
Disabling the wxSmith-plugin and restarting C::B will remove the resources tab.

Offline iamk2

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2013, 02:06:21 pm »
Thank you Jens -
 I read up on this plugin and unless I misunderstand this plug-in is more for visual programming (window based) and not to do with console applications so it will not be missed by me at this stage of my learning. If I am neglecting to understand something else about this plug-in please let me know - as i have said I am new to programming

Offline iamk2

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2013, 02:29:06 pm »
thank you oBFusCATed -

I would have lost the farm on a bet that I had already done the old right click - good thing I dont have a farm! Still having a hard time believing I did not do that - I just know I did -but it worked first time after reading your post - so as I said good thing no farm. 

The cc plugin as I found out stands for code completion. To check and make sure it did what it does I disabled it. I then started to type in a variable to an existing program I had already coded in and that oh so familiar list to choose from did not appear. I re-enabled it, typed again and there was the list to choose from. So it did do as it states "code completion" - but I had to verify for myself with so many things in this world meaning different things to so many. This CB is on a diff distro of linux then two days ago so I must have had the symbols tab there also and just ignored or overlooked it because the feature where I start to type in a variable or instruction and a list pops up to choose the completed word from is great and I am use to taking advantage of it. Things in life you never see but are use to using!

Thanks again - If I got something wrong here please point it out - always learning

Offline iamk2

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2013, 02:34:20 pm »
ps I dont see an option to mark the topic solved -

1. I see modify for the original post where I could change the subject to SOlVED(blah Blah)
2. I do see lock the topic but dont know what that does.
3. I could wait for a response from a more experienced forum member to suggest how to close out this post.
4. It just stops here if no one else has anything to say.

Thanks again

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 07:20:33 am »
ps I dont see an option to mark the topic solved -

1. I see modify for the original post where I could change the subject to SOlVED(blah Blah)
2. I do see lock the topic but dont know what that does.
3. I could wait for a response from a more experienced forum member to suggest how to close out this post.
4. It just stops here if no one else has anything to say.

Thanks again
You don't really need to do anything with it. You may want to lock it - in that case it remains readable and visible, just nobody (except admins) can reply to this thread any longer. If you do, you might miss "Thank you I had the same problem" posts... ;-)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ