Author Topic: Building CodeBlocks source  (Read 41352 times)

Offline sorinev

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: Building CodeBlocks source
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2013, 05:35:10 am »
Do you use C::B to build C::B or do you use the automake-system ?

You wrote about both, if I remember correctly.

Yeah, I tried both. First, I tried the command line method. ./boostrap, ./configure, etc. But I had so-so luck with that.

Second, I tried the 'use C::B to build C::B' route, and it went fantastically and without a hitch, aside from the contrib plugins not loading. My process was:

• apt-get install codeblocks - I end up with 12.11
  • Go to ~/devel/trunk/src/ and open codeblocks-unix.cbp
  • Build - success
  • Now, while still in ~/devel/trunk/src/ open ContribPlugins-unix.workspace
  • Build Workspace - success
  • Still in ~/devel/trunk/src/ and do  ./update
  • Output folder is generated, just like on Windows, with following contents as pictured:

The -v parameter is not needed for normal use, but it gives more debug-messages if something went wrong, as it seems to be in your case.

i tried that, from the output folder pictured above, and nothing in the console seemed to indicate any problems. But in the IDE, going to Plugins -> Manage Plugins pops up the plugins management window with the following message box popped up on top of it (does not happen when starting codeblocks normally):

Code
Failed to create a temporary file name
(error 13: Permission denied)

In the list of plugins on that Manage Plugins dialog, the contrib plugins are not listed. Install New only looks for .cbplugin filenames, but the contribs exist as .zip and/or .so.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 05:41:03 am by sorinev »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2013, 06:11:16 am »
If you use C::B to build C::B, you need to run it through the wrapper-script run.sh (on linux and alike systems, not on windows !).
from src-folder, e.g. output/run.sh -v, or any other C::B commandline parameter instead of the -v .

Nevertheless, the autotools should work. Did you try to build it below your home-folder ?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:12:57 am by jens »

Offline sorinev

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2013, 06:44:22 am »
That worked. So every time that I run it, I have to actually start it through ./run.sh? Alrighty.