Author Topic: An apology to everyone...  (Read 6780 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
An apology to everyone...
« on: January 02, 2006, 03:16:33 am »
Hi all... Yiannis and I had a discussion about the compiler framework redesign, and it seems that there was a serious misunderstanding of my part (it means it's my fault).

Apparently the compiler framework does NOT need to be redesigned from scratch, just the management of the configuration. If any of you believed otherwise (as I did), please accept my most sincere apology. I suppose this goes specially to 280Z28, because you were the most enthusiastic about it. I'm sorry :(

In any case, I'm changing the "compiler redesign" forum to be developers-only. You will hear more about it in case we do a redesign.

But thank you for your cooperation :)

takeshimiya

Re: An apology to everyone...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2006, 03:52:43 am »
No need to apologyze.

A Compiler plugin redesigned from scratch willn't be needed even for using different compilers of different languages, then?

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2006, 04:35:15 am »
I dunno what to say really, except that I'm not upset with you. :? It's not like the setup we have is wrong. It's been working very well actually. I'll be back with more input once I "adjust my thoughts to follow the new dev track." or something like that :)
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2006, 11:01:51 pm »
Apparently the compiler framework does NOT need to be redesigned from scratch, just the management of the configuration. If any of you believed otherwise (as I did), please accept my most sincere apology.

No need to apologyze.

IMHO the discussions we have had until now were positive and helpful.

Michael

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2006, 11:13:01 pm »
No need, interesting ideas came up, and I think several of us gained some more knowlegde and insight's into this topic.

Cheers,
Lieven