Author Topic: add all wxs files to cbp?  (Read 4932 times)

Offline ollydbg

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • OpenCV and Robotics
    • Chinese OpenCV forum moderator
add all wxs files to cbp?
« on: June 19, 2013, 06:00:52 am »
Hi, see the image shot below, I see only three wxs files in the folder: Others->wxSmith. But we do have a lot of wxs files for the Codeblocks.cbp, what is the good place(folder shown in the project manager) to put those files? Do they need to separated by build targets?

If some piece of memory should be reused, turn them to variables (or const variables).
If some piece of operations should be reused, turn them to functions.
If they happened together, then turn them to classes.

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: add all wxs files to cbp?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 10:03:30 am »
Yes, separate them by build target.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 07:10:48 am »
I believe in the beginning wxSmith simply did not add the resource file to the project. It is added in a "hidden" way as an extension node in the project file. The 3 files are either added manually or meanwhile wxSmith adds them to the project as a resource file, too once you create the resource (I am not sure about this).

However - be care fuel here, as these resource files are not meant to be edited by hand, it might be better not to have them as resource files in the project at all, actually...
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 09:01:04 am »
However - be care fuel here, as these resource files are not meant to be edited by hand, it might be better not to have them as resource files in the project at all, actually...
This is not a big problem, because if you double click on one of them it will open in the wxsmith's editor, not the text editor (by default).
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]