Author Topic: Is "Project Dependencies" recursive?  (Read 5369 times)

grunerite

Is "Project Dependencies" recursive?
« on: December 31, 2005, 03:16:44 am »
WinXP
Revison 1615-unicode

Under Project->Properties, you can specify a project's dependencies on other projects in the workspace.  Is this recursive (I think this is word I want)?

If I have, for example, 3 projects in my workspace (projA, projB, projC), and projB depends on projA, and projC depends on projB (and hence projA), is it enough to only specify that projC depends on projB in the dialog box (withouth specifying projA)?

I have about 15 projects with mixed dependencies, and I'm just wondering how much of the work Code::Blocks will do for me.

Thanks

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
Re: Is "Project Dependencies" recursive?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2005, 07:03:16 am »
no - you have to specifiy all deps for each project manually

or

if you have dependency of more projects, you can play with the proper sequence
(how the projects are arranged) in your workspace (basics topmost arranged).
then you do Build-Build Workspace and all projects are built from top to down in sequence if they need to be rebuilt.

grunerite

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2005, 07:08:37 am »
if you have dependency of more projects, you can play with the proper sequence
(how the projects are arranged) in your workspace (basics topmost arranged).
then you do Build-Build Workspace and all projects are built from top to down in sequence if they need to be rebuilt.
Thanks. Thats what I've been doing till now and it works fine.. But, I'll fill in the depency boxes as it is better to use that feature if it works; you never know what projects will move around when you give the workspace to someone else:  :( but true.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2005, 08:57:58 am »
If I have, for example, 3 projects in my workspace (projA, projB, projC), and projB depends on projA, and projC depends on projB (and hence projA), is it enough to only specify that projC depends on projB in the dialog box (withouth specifying projA)?

Yes, dependencies are checked recursively. And if you accidentally create circular dependencies you should be told about it with a nice message.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline tiwag

• Developer
  • Lives here!
  • sailing away ...
    • tiwag.cb
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2005, 09:22:41 am »
...Yes, dependencies are checked recursively. And if you accidentally create circular dependencies you should be told about it with a nice message.
thx for the info   :o - didn't know - and sorry for my wrong answer in prev. post

grunerite

« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2005, 03:18:01 pm »
Yes, dependencies are checked recursively. And if you accidentally create circular dependencies you should be told about it with a nice message.
Sweet! Thanks.