Author Topic: C::B convention  (Read 3775 times)

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
C::B convention
« on: December 30, 2005, 12:02:39 am »
PS : still looking forward to the first big CB convention for developers and users .... dream dream dream .... sigh ....

I re-take here the dream of killerbot, because it is IMHO a very good idea :D. It would be very positive for either the developers and the users. And of course for the development of C::B.

Anyway, I am aware that C::B is actually undergoing a lot of changes and a convention would not be possible in a near future, but may be in a not too far future...

What do you think about?

Michael

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
Re: C::B convention
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2005, 12:33:59 am »
The only viable way to do so would be thru Internet (like a chat room). It'd be kinda hard to do so IRLTM. If at least we all lived in the same country...

I like the initial idea of a chat room (there's one already), but chat rooms consume time and are a mess to maintain when they grow.

The dream remains...

Offline 280Z28

• Regular
  • *insert unicode here*
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2005, 12:38:44 am »
You know, in some manner or another, this forum could be considered the convention. :)
78 280Z, "a few bolt-ons" - 12.71@109.04
99 Trans Am, "Daily Driver" - 525rwhp/475rwtq
 Check out The Sam Zone :cool:

Offline Michael

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 04:45:38 pm »
I know that a convention bringing togheter all C::B developers and users (the ones who want/can join) to discuss, present their work, and so on would be rather difficult to organize. If we all live in a same country it would be easier :), but I think that a project bringing toghether people of several countries is much better (IMHO anyway :)).

May be it could be possible to make a convention for Europe and "near" countries and a convention for America. Not the same, but probably still a great opportunity.

Another solution could be to spend a couple of hours in a telephone conference, e.g, by using skype (free calling :)).

@280Z28: this forum could be considered as a kind of convention, but nothing it's worth a meeting with real persons :). But this is just me :D.

Michael