Author Topic: Missing header files in codeblocks wxWidgets project  (Read 8964 times)

Offline nanobot

• Single posting newcomer
Missing header files in codeblocks wxWidgets project
« on: May 23, 2013, 12:55:06 pm »
I use Linux Mint 14 and loaded Codeblocks 10.05 using the software manager.
Using a console application no problems, so I tried to use  a wxWidgets project, here I found that I could create a project but when I came to build it had errors which pointed to missing headers. /wx/*.h many people seem to have had this error on the forums. I went into the Synaptic package manager and downloaded and installed wx2.8 headers. When I had done this all was well and I can now build and compile GUI apps, no more missing header errors or setup.h errors.
I assume as I could not find the wx folder referred to in the build errors that these did not install with Codeblocks 10.05 when it was first installed.
I have included this in case it may help someone using Codeblocks with Linux.

Regards to all from New Zealand

Offline BlueHazzard

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Missing header files in codeblocks wxWidgets project
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 01:44:15 pm »
The wxWidgets library has "nothing" to do with c::b. C::B is only a IDE (Editor), no  compiler nor a library...
So, if you want develop with wxWidgets, you have to install wx separately...

Offline osdt

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 06:37:08 pm »
The wxWidgets library has "nothing" to do with c::b. C::B is only a IDE (Editor), no  compiler nor a library...

In the long term, the various package maintainer's could add a 'wx-devel' dependency to wxSmith.

- osdt
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 07:41:30 pm by osdt »

Offline Jenna

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2013, 01:24:19 am »
The wxWidgets library has "nothing" to do with c::b. C::B is only a IDE (Editor), no  compiler nor a library...

In the long term, the various package maintainer's could add a 'wx-devel' dependency to wxSmith.

- osdt
ut eNot a good idea.
If some user want to install the contrib-plugins to use some of them, but never want to develop with wxWidgets, why should they install the whole library ?
Instead of a dependency it can suggest or recommend it.

By the way: the codeblocks package already suggest wx-common and libwxgtk28-dev on debian (at least if the maintainer uses our control-file).