Author Topic: Fresh Install of Code::Blocks - Notes;  (Read 6062 times)

Offline WardXmodem

• Single posting newcomer
Fresh Install of Code::Blocks - Notes;
« on: May 13, 2013, 12:19:53 am »
Having spent WAAAY too many hours on a Code::Blocks + wxWidgets installation, without ever getting a clean wxw compile, I decided to uninstall Code::Blocks and uninstall wxWidgets, and start over.

• Uninstall of Code::Blocks apparently doesn't clean up enough - the new install to D: pointed to a non-existant directory on c: that USED to be the location of the compiler. - I don't believe I missed a step about erasing things when uninstalling, as I was wanting to "start fresh".
  • COMPILING
    • "compilergcc.cpp" in line 2412, says to go to settings "compiler and debugger..." but in fact those settings are separate; The above inadequate install meant I had to go to compiler settings and change the pointer to the compiler, in my case from C: to D:.
    • Old: _T("Goto \"Settings->Compiler and debugger...->Global compiler settings->%s->Toolchain executables\"")
    • New: _T("Goto \"Settings->Compiler->Global compiler settings->%s->Toolchain executables\"")
  • SOURCE
    • The readme says "This is the Code::Blocks IDE version 10.05-HEAD", however I downloaded, and it installed as "codeblocks-12.11release8629"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 12:35:07 am by WardXmodem »

Offline oBFusCATed

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Travis build status
Re: Fresh Install of Code::Blocks - Notes;
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:12:56 am »
  • Uninstall of Code::Blocks apparently doesn't clean up enough - the new install to D: pointed to a non-existant directory on c: that USED to be the location of the compiler. - I don't believe I missed a step about erasing things when uninstalling, as I was wanting to "start fresh".
There is no modern software that cleans the user files (config) when the software is uninstalled.
You have to delete the config files manually.
They are in ~/.codeblocks or %APPDATA%/codeblocks, depending on the OS.
(most of the time I ignore long posts)
[strangers don't send me private messages, I'll ignore them; post a topic in the forum, but first read the rules!]